Thread: Happy New Years

Rifle River MI

Default Happy New Years

I know it is not related to floating a river but I do have a Dream. Many positive thoughts to all who are willing to except.

To Mike, Max, Geaux, Tracy, Brian x 2, Steve, Chuck, Jim x 2, Dennis, Dan, Vince, Larry, 6xLeech :-) and many others thank you for taking the time to provide sound advise concerning our sport.

May all Forum Members one and all have a very blessed and happy new year.

Ketchikan, AK

You too Richard and thanks for the memories.

you the man...
    Its a big ol state with so many moving waters..
    I was reading Karen J's alaska river book last night as I drifted off to sleep..
    Of course after bringing in the new year !!!!
    Thinking about trying some new river tributary streams this year.
    You know,, as you are reading about rivers, its best to have your Alaska Atlas Gazatteer open too..
    I was searching for those little streams that have over 40 moving water miles that dump into the bigger rivers,
    Thinking about all the resources we have here, and wondering how many of you guys do the same thing..????
    looking for those little treasure that just never gets floated ...
    sections of streams that have never had a fly line drift the surface..
    island campsites that show nary a sign of anyone being there..
    Last year I was able to find such a place.. it was amazing,, I never ever once ever saw any human sign, either new or old,, .. sure I was not the first guy there, but it is one of those places that just does not get human activity.. at least in the summer..
    It was a great place,, and encouraged my hunger to find anouther such place..
    as I drifted out of that little gem into the bigger river,, I went thru some emotions that are not easy to explain.. like I was coming back to earth from some other planet...
    you ever get that feeling??
    this is the best resource with the best floaters on the planet.. guys that love it and live it..
    Thanks to you Moose and all the rest for all the information, ideas, and thoughts..
    I hope to meet all of you in person some day..
    Maybe this year at the state fair,,if you can make it stop by Jim Kings booth and look me up..
    or I would be happy to come see and meet you guys..
    we have many chances,, the sport shows, etc..
    or ,, maybe even a RIVER...
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years.