Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the permit results out yet?

Default Are the permit results out yet?

Made ya look! I figured since today is the deadline, I wanted to be the FIRST one in on the topic!

LOL, 13 minutes till cut-off!

And so the countdown begins...........

Christmas was good! Now I sit on pins and needles waiting for March.............we Alaskans get to be kids longer huh?

March hell, I heard, from my "Source", that I already got 3 Kodiak tags, and 2 anybull moose permits.
    You guys get to fight over my leftovers, once the other "Insiders", get done pickin them over that is.

I have put In for something every single year since last year and have nnever been drawn it's rigged i tell ya the whole thing is rigged what a scam!!

Man you got me to click! First time applying for draw and I already can't wait...

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    March hell, I heard, from my "Source", that I already got 3 Kodiak tags, and 2 anybull moose permits.
    You guys get to fight over my leftovers, once the other "Insiders", get done pickin them over that is.
    Yea, well MY SOURCE said that HIS SOURCE said that HER SOURCE said that YOUR SOURCE is a big DOODOO HEAD and doesn't know anything!

Oh' boy could we have fun with this thread for another couple months!

I thought someone on here posted that they were coming out in February sometime? Not making that up - they even had a date. But then I looked on the F&G site to see if I could find something and couldn't. I imagine they aren't giving out specific dates anymore after the last fiasco, but it sure would be nice to know.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    I thought someone on here posted that they were coming out in February sometime? Not making that up - they even had a date. But then I looked on the F&G site to see if I could find something and couldn't. I imagine they aren't giving out specific dates anymore after the last fiasco, but it sure would be nice to know.
    Feb. 25 according to ADFG website, if they have all there ducks in a row that is.

Check out this link...Feb 25th
    http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index...g=permits.draw

Quote Originally Posted by DIYhunter View Post
    Man you got me to click! First time applying for draw and I already can't wait...
    Same here, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by CGSwimmer25 View Post

Good stuff, thanks. Although, I know that every ten days between now and then we will see a thread titled "Results are out."

Good stuff, thanks. Although, I know that every ten days between now and then we will see a thread titled "Results are out."
    On another thread, I set the over/under for the "results are out" threads at either 4 or 5. I am starting to think I may have underestimated that one a bit....

I only put in for one permit this time. Hopefully I get it.

Nope, you are all wrong. February 29 is when they will be out. And no need to get your hopes up...it hurts worse when reality sinks in after you search the list for the fourth time and can't find you or your hunting partners name listed on it. I don't get my hopes up even a little bit because I have never drawn a tag and have donated to the program for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman81 View Post
    Nope, you are all wrong. February 29 is when they will be out. And no need to get your hopes up...it hurts worse when reality sinks in after you search the list for the fourth time and can't find you or your hunting partners name listed on it. I don't get my hopes up even a little bit because I have never drawn a tag and have donated to the program for several years.

Just out of curiosity, what permits are you putting in for? All low percentage draws? I've been putting in for tags now for only 4 years - I've drawn twice. Both were pretty high percentage draws (Fbks management area moose and one in Unit 13 this past year). I don't expect too much this year as I put in for low percentage draws - moose tags on base here and Kenai mnt. caribou - but I did that because we have a haul road trip planned. I don't mind donating for a couple years here and there, but man, at some point, I'd start putting in for the high percentage draw tags just to up my odds and not feel like I am always giving money away.

Draws are usually out on a Friday, Feb 29th would be a Tuesday, you sure you don't mean Feb 32??

Default fat and happy

Nope, you are all wrong. February 29 is when they will be out.
    On the 29th (hey, wait a minute.... ), I'll still be fat and happy from my big dinner on the evening of the 26th (Thanks 323!).

Though I will still be on pins & needles wondering if any of us here got a bison permit. One'a these years.... and maybe this is the year, since I got a killer new rifle from Santa.

Just out of curiosity, what permits are you putting in for? All low percentage draws? I've been putting in for tags now for only 4 years - I've drawn twice. Both were pretty high percentage draws (Fbks management area moose and one in Unit 13 this past year). I don't expect too much this year as I put in for low percentage draws - moose tags on base here and Kenai mnt. caribou - but I did that because we have a haul road trip planned. I don't mind donating for a couple years here and there, but man, at some point, I'd start putting in for the high percentage draw tags just to up my odds and not feel like I am always giving money away.
    I put in for a mix. Usually one or two high percentage (per species) and the rest low percentage ares that would be very convenient. I put my wife in as well with a similar mix. Generally drop between 75 and a Benjamin between us. Our two boys are too young to increase our chances but they will apply when they get old enough. I think the money must go to a good cause so I keep sending it in, but will never get my hopes up until I actually get one. I also dont put in for permits that I know I cant or wont be able to hunt just to be able to say "I won".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast