Thread: curious bear climbs tree stand

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default curious bear climbs tree stand

watch this... they don't all have to be shot..

http://www.wimp.com/curiousbear/
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Yeip, but I think i would of shot it because it was a decent size bear.

Yea, I would've shot that bear too. Nice bear, not huge but nice.

Cool video.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I would have shot the bear before it ever made it that close to my stand...nice bear!

A friend sent it to me. Nice footage, nice bear. Interesting response from the bear. I've had the need to talk to 2 of them in the past, one that wanted to come up to visit (or eat my candy bar) and another that decided my coat which I had just dropped over the edge as I prepared to leave was manna from heaven. They are fun animals to watch, that's for sure.
    ARR

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    watch this... they don't all have to be shot..

http://www.wimp.com/curiousbear/
    +1. That's some good footage. Thanks for posting this video; I placed it in another thread but the link I had was removed from YouTube.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

That was a cool video he almost looked like he was being punished it was cool to watch

Neat video. I'm wondering if this guy was hunting or just filming? I had a similar situation and actually had a hand on my 44 (since I can't shoot my bow straight down)...but he climbed down and went to my bait...then I used my bow.

This is the main reason I don't like ladder stands for bear hunting. The bear could've easily pulled the blind out from under this guy leaving him hanging there like fruit on a tree.
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"