Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: Outdoor Channel_Alaska Outdoors TV starts today

  1. #1

    Smile Outdoor Channel_Alaska Outdoors TV starts today

    A friendly reminder for anyone wishing to catch the Alaska Outdoors Television shows on Outdoor Channel - starts today Dec 31 and runs through June 2011 airing 4x each week.

    East Coast times
    Friday 10a, 9:30pm & 2am (Friday after midnight) EST
    Saturday 8:30am EST

    Channel guide for finding Outdoor Channel in your area
    http://www.outdoorchannel.com/ChannelFinder.aspx#HD

    A big thank you to all those in Alaska and beyond for supporting the show and especially AOD
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

  2. #2

    Default

    tdelarm, I must say, I was very impressed with the Dall Sheep hunt episode. It is refreshing to see a "hunting show" which concentrates on the hunt and not the kill. Keep up the outstanding work.

  3. #3
    Member Casper50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sterling
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Caught the show last night. I'm not into sheep but I thought it was a very well done show. Continue the format as I like the fact that it's different and better than all of the other hunting shows that are on TV now.

  4. #4

    Default

    I watched a Cabela's Caribou hunt on the outdoor channel on the 30th. It was Cabela's Outdoor Adventures and they were on a DIY Caribou hunt out of Kotzebue. It was a good show and it looks like they had a great show. They got some nice Caribou. They didn't say but Ram Aviation's plane dropped them off and picked them up. I think it air's again in March 28th but you can search the channel and find it maybe.

  5. #5
    Member CGSwimmer25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kodiak, Ak
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    I watched a Cabela's Caribou hunt on the outdoor channel on the 30th. It was Cabela's Outdoor Adventures and they were on a DIY Caribou hunt out of Kotzebue. It was a good show and it looks like they had a great show. They got some nice Caribou. They didn't say but Ram Aviation's plane dropped them off and picked them up. I think it air's again in March 28th but you can search the channel and find it maybe.
    I have done alot of searches on Kotzebue hunting and I have noticed a definite trend on you plugging Ram Aviation, Im beginning to think you are actually one of the owners of the company!!?? In all the past threads you seem to be the only one recommending them also.....

  6. #6

    Default

    No. But I wouldn't mind it. They treat me right so I don't mind passing it around. I did find out that it was Alaska Wilderness Adventures that was credited at the end of the program though. If I could find a better place in Alaska to hunt I probably would.

  7. #7

    Smile Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthDakotaHunter View Post
    tdelarm, I must say, I was very impressed with the Dall Sheep hunt episode. It is refreshing to see a "hunting show" which concentrates on the hunt and not the kill. Keep up the outstanding work.
    TKS to both southDakotaHunter and Casper50 for the comments! Feedback is priceless! ONE item I failed to cover in the sheep show was the sheep we spotted our first day was before the opener so we had to wait till morning and by then they had moved. Honestly, I needed an hour for that show, too much to cover in 22 minutes.

    Outdoor Channel will be fun as the show was originally designed for national but due to lack of advertisers (still an issue) the show was held back and aired locally on FOX TV the first few years. Not a bad deal for Alaskans and gave me a chance to see what you as an audience would watch. I was concerned about the lack of kill shots in the hunting episodes but I realized after a few hunts, not every hunt do you kill something so why not show that. Producing a self-guided DIY hunting/fishing show has many challenges that shows like Csonka, Shockey or any number of guided shows donít have to deal with i.e. the guidesí ability to put them on animals, handle logistics food, transportation, lodging and such. I quickly realized thatís why you donít see too many DIY self-guided shows especially in very remote locations such as Alaska or Canada. Another challenge for this show is working with everyday Alaskans on camera vs. a dedicated fine tuned polished host. These guys donít get paid and have nothing to sell you but a good time and I believe that keeps the show real, authentic and adds creditability. Hopefully the audience will see that too.

    Next weeks show will be the ADAK Island caribou hunt for those guys down states that haven't seen it. You can also visit our Outdoor Channel or Facebook link for daily updates.

    http://www.outdoorchannel.com/Shows/AlaskaOutdoors.aspx

    Hereís to a New Year everyone!
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

  8. #8
    Member Rod in Wasilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    um... Wasilla...
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Bummer. I really want to watch, but The Outdoor Channel is only available as part of an extra paid package on DirecTV. Any chance they'll be available locally?
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

  9. #9
    Member AkGreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    324

    Default

    It was really well done!!! I like the focus on all the supporting details of the hunt rather than.... "we drove out the road a shot a deer" like most other shows!! keep up the great work Tim!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod in Wasilla View Post
    Bummer. I really want to watch, but The Outdoor Channel is only available as part of an extra paid package on DirecTV. Any chance they'll be available locally?
    Rod...the shows been airing locally every weekend on FOX 4 KTBY for three years. Catch it Saturdays 6pm on FOX. We repeat the shows continually and every now and then add a new on.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    A friendly reminder for anyone wishing to catch the Alaska Outdoors Television shows on Outdoor Channel - starts today Dec 31 and runs through June 2011 airing 4x each week.

    East Coast times
    Friday 10a, 9:30pm & 2am (Friday after midnight) EST
    Saturday 8:30am EST

    Channel guide for finding Outdoor Channel in your area
    http://www.outdoorchannel.com/ChannelFinder.aspx#HD

    A big thank you to all those in Alaska and beyond for supporting the show and especially AOD
    Thanks for the heads-up...I look forward to watching your show for the first time (missed it earlier this morning...I think it was on at 8:30am). Sounds like your show is different and a welcomed change to some of the other "hunting" shows on TV.

    Some of the other shows on TV I've watched only once and didn't go back for seconds...a staged reinactment of the stalk with the camera guy out in front of the shooter is a deal killer for me. I also get a good laugh when the camera guy is squatting down behind the dead animal as the shooter busts out of the brush and declares "there he is" and then slowly and carefully walks up to the animal to do the rifle muzzle to the eye test to ensure that it is dead (when the camera guy has been squatting next to the dead animal filming the whole thing and most likely shouted "ready" to start the whole sequence). However, there must be a market for those other shows...so to each his own, and that's a good thing.

    Sorry for the negativity tdelarm (must be the lousy wx today)...I really am looking forward to seeing your show for the first time, and I am sure that I will appreciate the difference that others have already noticed. Congratulations to you sir on making it to a broader market.

    Chuck

  12. #12
    Member Gerberman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Soldotna AK, Eugene, OR
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Tim, Great to see the complete 22 minutes, I now have it on the DVR. The show was a true outdoor adventure, showing as much as you could in the time, what it is like to get to camp and get to the animals. Can not wait to see Rod on the Adak hunt, I got to go there once and would like to go hunt it again. Thank You for getting it on the Outdoor Channel. (Wayne) Gerberman

  13. #13

    Default

    i have dish and really want to watch the sheep show. does anyone know what channel fox 4 is on dish? thanks.

  14. #14
    Member Rod in Wasilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    um... Wasilla...
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    Rod...the shows been airing locally every weekend on FOX 4 KTBY for three years. Catch it Saturdays 6pm on FOX. We repeat the shows continually and every now and then add a new on.
    Yeah, I've been recording/watching it on FOX forever (My wife and I both love it.). But my DVR hasn't recorded any episodes in a while. So, when you posted this, I thought that you had MOVED the show to The Outdoor Channel, not ADDED it to The Outdoor Channel.

    I guess I have to check my DVR settings. Could be that something else is scheduled to record at the same time...
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod in Wasilla View Post
    Yeah, I've been recording/watching it on FOX forever (My wife and I both love it.). But my DVR hasn't recorded any episodes in a while. So, when you posted this, I thought that you had MOVED the show to The Outdoor Channel, not ADDED it to The Outdoor Channel.

    I guess I have to check my DVR settings. Could be that something else is scheduled to record at the same time...
    Hey Rod! Yup, Outdoor Channel is in addition to the FOX 4 KTBY Alaska broadcast. I figured it was due time that I get the show up nationally for folks downstates to see, hopefully some national advertisers will sign on so we can kick it up a notch to where the production value really needs to be. Can't keep paying for these shows out of pocket too much longer. FOX broadcast has had some issues with the quality of playing the program since they bought and moved into the ABC Channel 13 building and hopefully they'll get it together soon.

    Things are looking up! It could always be worse. Like waking up to frozen hip boots and wet socks :-)
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

  16. #16
    Member AK Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    2,541

    Default

    on dish TV i received the outdoors channel as an add on when I signed up. It costs an extra $4 a month just for that channel. might have been something to do with a change in channel packages over the years as well.

    It was a good show ..... I don't want to fly with you guys....short grass runways only for me.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdrhunter View Post
    i have dish and really want to watch the sheep show. does anyone know what channel fox 4 is on dish? thanks.
    Not sure about FOX but here's a guide for Outdoor Channel.

    http://www.outdoorchannel.com/ChannelFinder.aspx#HD
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    on dish TV i received the outdoors channel as an add on when I signed up. It costs an extra $4 a month just for that channel. might have been something to do with a change in channel packages over the years as well.

    It was a good show ..... I don't want to fly with you guys....short grass runways only for me.
    HAHA! Ya, we all soiled our pants on that one. Something I don't show in that show was as we came down off the mountain to depart and leave camp, we spotted a huge black bear...of course, we're all drooling at the thought (and hoping he hadn't chewed up the plane) but I had a gut feeling if we chased that bear and taken him we'd loose our WX window for getting out and sure enough, WX rolled in bad on our last shuttle out. We would have been stuck there for days.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    739

    Default DVD's for sale?

    Tdelarm,
    I don't have satellite or dish. Wondering if your episodes will be bundled to go on sale in the future? Thanks.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bedrock, Alaska
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I saw the show and ws impressed. It was great. While I do'nt usually watch much TV, I will start watvhing this show!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •