Thread: Christmas Thief

Default Christmas Thief

I was running a couple miles of foot line off Standard Creek Road in Fairbanks, and someone stole $200 of traps and snares from me. I took pics of the boot prints and disturbed sets, and reported them to the Troopers, also gave them the plate of the vehicle I saw out there that day. All I want is my traps back, they were **** near everything I had. If the thief is reading this, use some of the wire you took from me and wire my traps (you know how many you took,) and to a tree where I was parking my truck (you know where I park.) It's just such a shame that humans will stoop so low as to violate each other in such a way. Return my traps and I'll let the Troopers know I have them back.

probably one of them greenies. probably just took them and threw them away
    Semper Fi!

Total shame and I hope you get them back. It would be nice and pleasing to catch someone like this in the act.

Default not cool

Hope they/you catch the dirty you know what.

Thumbs down

that sucks!!! i hope your luck turns around.

Supporting Member

AKN87,
    Tough luck with the theft, but it tends to happen to most of us if you trap long enough. Just picked up some used traps a couple of weeks ago and would be happy to let you have some #14 jumps if that would help get you back in the game. Send me a PM and I will give you a number I can be reached at. You'll have to hurry, as I am headed back to Wasilla tomorrow (1st).

Default No pointing fingers

Greythorn, let's not point fingers at a group of people, whether we like em or not, just cause they are handy. Let's just say what it was, and that is a person, now a thief, took something that did not belong to him.
    Whether it was a hunter, skier, bird watcher, or fellow trapper who felt like the area was his to trap, the bottom line is that person is a thief. Simple.
    There has always been lots of competition on Standard Creek as well as all of the other logging roads surrounding Fairbanks. I'd like to think that this loss was not driven by a fellow who felt anger or slighted. I'd hope that a guy would opt to set a note on another guys trap to let him know of a potential problem, then work it out. Yeah, I know, how naive of me, right?
    I do empathisize with AKN1987s loss, and do appreciate the manner in which he wrote. I wish you luck in getting your gear back.
    ARR