Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nothing but dinks!

Default Nothing but dinks!

Once again a wonderful day on the hard water! started off with a small laker, then the frenzy started. here are a few pics enjoy!
    WINDY LAKE! 003.jpgWINDY LAKE! 002.jpg

Nice! Had a buddy go there and reported slow fishing on Monday. They did catch a nice 25" char in spawning colors. Did you keep any? The reason I ask is that the rainbows we used to catch out of that lake used to have ruby red flesh that looked just like a sockeye meat color. It was a while ago...before they started stocking the char I think.

What? Did I hear dinks? That's exactly what I'm looking for for the kids. It's quantity over quality for now!

alright im going to have to attach a tracking transmitter to your vehicle so i can find this lake.
    Semper Fi!

i hope you guys leave some in there for me
    nice fish

Definatley another great day on the hard water. Great looking fish man!

Dont worry joefish! they all went back in. only keep fish under 26 inches . Let em go Let em grow!

900 clear you PM's or give me a call dude LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    they all went back in.
    I notice some on the ice in the background of your pics......how'd the duck season treat you this year?...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

the ones in the picks went back only 2 were kept due to swallowing the hook and excessive bleeding. other than that duck hunting was alright.

PM sent 900fision

Saw a bunch of rigs out on your Windy Lake yesterday. It was probably smart to take pics inside your shanty this time. You guys might start attracting some unwanted attention with those nice fish your catching.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Saw a bunch of rigs out on your Windy Lake yesterday. It was probably smart to take pics inside your shanty this time. You guys might start attracting some unwanted attention with those nice fish your catching.
    Nice fish 900! Wish I could've been out there with yeah this weekend.

Hey Jack, I don't think Windy Lake is a secret. I know a lot of people think the internet is ruining the fishing, I'm not one of them. All of these places were published in magazines and books long before we ever started putting out pictures and videos on fishing. This site simply makes it more entertaining then just reading about it in a few sentences of magzaines or books. With a little research on the ADF&G stocking information site, anyone can find some nice fish, and even if someone knows the location, they still need to figure out the gear and depth. I'm sure it isn't something you didn't already know...

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

I know. I was just doing a little friendly ribbing.

Bushwack- the unwanted attention doesnt bother me as long as they are respectful of the resource. last night i was back out there, there were quite afew trucks out there. fished from 1:30pm-4:00am caught lots of burbot. also seen to other forum members out there which one of them was new to the lake. with a few tips he went on his way and started to catch some fish. Ill always catch fish and continue to help others. it up to the individual to do whats right also this lake has been on the forum so many times, before we started to post. hope you season starts off good mine is on a roll. 1-01-11= 11 burbot, party total caught 17

Nice. Enjoy the poor man's lobster.

any size to them burbot 900? struck out at Lake louise on burbot and id like to get one or 2 eaters

Release Lake Trout

Thanks for the tips last weekend. Got one nice one. I think that it had to have been you that pulled a BB set close to my shanty at 04:00. Gave me a fast wake up before I realized what was going on. If you ever need me at 04:00, give a holler from a few yards away if you know what I mean. Probably be out there again on Sat. Hope to see you out and about.

Riley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast