Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cizmo Winter Time Projects

Default Cizmo Winter Time Projects

After a short time on the water this summer, we brought Cizmo back home. After some very close measurements and a lot of "pondering", we rolled the dice and backed it into the shop.

It was a tight fit. I needed all of the interior depth to get the OH door to close.

I also had to lower the tongue about a 1' so the radar would fit under the door header. But once inside, I could jack it back up so the boat is level.

The door dimensions are 12' W x 14' Tall. The bow rails at the boat's widest point just grazed the weather stripping on both sides. I'm glad that I only have to go through this twice a year.

So, the "major" project list for this winter is:
    1) Install slam hatches for access under the bench seats at the dinette
    2) Install EZ Anchor Puller
    3) Install wireless remote for crane winch
    4) Bring power to the deck for a Safe-T-Puller which I'll hang from the crane hook

Doug

Doug ,NICE ride , just don't forget to lower the tongue to pull her back out .

How long have you had her? and don't forget to post your progress else where. :]

Another trick is to let some air out of the tires to lower overall height. Quick and EZ

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Charterboat Operator

ha! nice planning on the shop! built mine with pleanty wide of a door, but messed up as i back the trailer in with the motors down and put them about the same distance from the wall, the OH door hits the bumper on the front of my truck!!!
    tough problem i guess!
    good luck on your projects!

How were you able to lower the tongue the foot needed to get through the door and still have it hooked to the truck?
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    How were you able to lower the tongue the foot needed to get through the door and still have it hooked to the truck?
    I didn't . I got it backed in most of the way with the truck and then disconnected. I used a compact tractor w/ a 3 pt hitch. once the tractor was connected to the coupler, I raised the tongue jack up and lowered the 3pt. The boat's widest point is darn near at it's highest (bow rail max width is around the same area as the radar pedastal). So with the tractor, I was sitting practically on top of the coupler and was able to guide the boat in through the sticky part. I'll use the tractor to get it back out of the shop too.

Very cool! I am debating modifying my shop plans to put a 16 foot door in with 18 foot ceilings so I can get the boat in. How deep is your shop?

Very cool! I am debating modifying my shop plans to put a 16 foot door in with 18 foot ceilings so I can get the boat in. How deep is your shop?
    Make it wide enough for two! Mine made it under a fourteen foot door...barely. Yours shouldn't be any taller.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I have 42' for an inside depth and 16' ceilings.

Thanks guys!

Anchor puller ----> Check

Power to deck for pot puller ----> Check

While working on the wireless remote for the crane's winch... a friend inspected the wiring and helped organize wires, replace spade with ring connectors, routed power to terminal blocks, etc...We just generally cleaned up things...

Before

After

Again, more clean up...

Before...

Another Before (the black box in the middle is my trim tab control box and the label says to install box such that wire's come out the bottom, hence, why I took the picture from this angle)...

After...

I can't do much about the Yamaha controls but before, all that wiring was jammed up behind the console. At least now the kinks and folds are gone. The only thing left on the to-do list is to install the slam hatches under the seats.

One other item my friend told me to watch for and that was to allow air to circulate around the inverter... hence, a new louvered vent...

Cizmo, the man does outstanding work & takes pride in his accomplishments as evident from the before & after installation pics! Have ya forwarded the crap work to the initial installer along w/ your comments of disgust & disappointment?

Glad he was around when the wiring was installed on FOCU$.

You're going to really enjoy that puller, especially w/ the remote plug-in for the hand held remote!

Quote Originally Posted by Cizmo_AK49 View Post
    Anchor puller ----> Check

Opps, is that a switch verses a plug-in on your anchor puller?

kidless, does your plug-in hook up to the unit itself or at the helm? can you have multiple controls with those units? How much line do you hold and what size line are you running? Wow that was a lot of questions! Cizmo that wiring looks way cleaner, your buddies does impressive work.
    Boatless

Yeah, that's a switch. We discussed the remote and I may swap to that later on. My pulpit is different than yours so I'm expecting to be doing some manual level-wind action while winching. Some our equipment at work uses a level wind that can be operated remotely so I'm considering how to bring that tech back home so I don't need to go out at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast