Thread: Who is going to take advantage of the heat wave this weekend

Default Who is going to take advantage of the heat wave this weekend

So with the coming heat wave coinciding with a weekend, who is going out to get some time in the field and hunt some fresh meat or fur? I figure I will do some predator calling and look for some low bush moose for the stew pot.
    60% of men don't know what they have until they lose it
    15% aren't sure but figure it's better than nothing
    25% know exactly what they have and would do anything to lose it or give it to someone else

Hiking and searching for horns, yes

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

plowing my way into my place in clear... and attending a memorial service.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

blowing up some fireworks and maybe do some predator calling

Mid-winter clean the chimnney. Fire up the dozer and widen the driveway. Maybe DLP a large Lynx that is thinking of a Goose dinner.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by whitepalm View Post
    Not me, there is only one more full day in Dec, if I try real hard I might be able to break my personal record for chocolate consumption in a single month.
    hhmmmmm well you better hury up.. my Mom in law sent 6 lb of truffles to me from ID .. just arrived...and i am doing a great job on it so far!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Nothing as fun as shooting but since my garage has been hovering around -5 I`ll have to start my shelving/workbench project to get it out of the way before the the next deep freeze. If it holds out til next week I`ll go try the new trigger and .22 kit for the G29.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

We went from 6in of snow on the ground here in IL and 16degree's to 57 degree's and almost 2 in of rain in 48 hours!
    I did grab my S & W mod 57 41 mag and bag a bambi just before dark though - it was muggy and my glasses kept steaming up!
    Gonna be 23 tonight - Geez!
    Snows all gone and now its flooding a bit - had some tornado's in the area also!!!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I'm on the slope working...But amen to that shooting comment!!! I can't wait to go work on my marksmanship with my "new" 300 Win Mag. My dad gave it to me with no stock, not fired in probly 15 years. With the help of a gunsmith named Brophy in Wasilla, I cleaned it up, put it in a new stock. Then my wife got me a new scope and mounts for it. Now its all ready to go to the range and get sighted in. And get to know it well!!!