Thread: Weaver Grand Slam scopes for hunting?

Default Weaver Grand Slam scopes for hunting?

Anyone out there using Weaver Grand Slam scopes for hunting? If so, what brand of rifle do you use it on and what caliber and how does it perform?

I have a Weaver Grand slam on a Remington 700 in 6.8mm SPC Tactical and it has proven to be a dandy scope, keeps its point of aim, no parallex noticable out to 300 yards, very crisp and sharp images even in low light conditions.

What say ye?

Non-Alaska reply (I'm in Montana)
    I've used two Weaver GS scopes.
    One is a 6x20 that I've had on a .223 varmint rifle, Savage 12 FP, used mainly for prairie dogs.

The other is the fixed 4.75 that I put on a .300 WM Ruger Mark II that I brought to POW Island three years ago. Love the scope, hate the rifle. It must be me, but I can get three good shots in a group and then its literally off the paper at 300 yds. Sold the rifle, still have the scope. I love fixed power scopes for big game hunting.

I put my 6x20 right next to a Leupold 8x24 (I think) while on a prairie dog shoot with friends. The Leupold was better, but barely.

My friend has a 6 x 20 on a Mauser .308. He has a non-sexual crush on the scope, hasn't touched the elev/windage in years.

If I had money to spare, I'd buy American and go Leupold. However, the Weaver GS scopes have been good to me and I'd buy another in a second.

Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIRONDACK MTS.

The Weaver Gram Slam is a middle of the road scope. That being said there are many others in the middle of the road..Leupold has the Best middle of the road scope. Leupold also has high end scopes with superior optics.Zeiss Conquest models are slightly better. Obviously, I`m a Leupold supporter,however, I own almost all the "favorite" brands. The Weaver Grand Slam is a dependable scope in it`s price range. You won`t be disappointed with it in Alaska or anywhere else.

I use the 6-20X w/ 1/8 min. target dot on a CZ 452 in .17hmr as well as on a Tikka T3 Lite stainless/synthetic in .223REM.

So far a better than good scope choice and excellent purchase.

The rimfire rig gets live bird biathlon treatment all winter long skiing and snowmobiling --- we are talking a working guys gun (well cared for, but not a safe queen for the bench) while centerfire gets mostly play time at the range.

Both guns are time tested/proven accurate, plus I shoot them with confidence... I will certainly confirm favorable results shooting tiny groups and other things afield with reliability, repeatability, and clarity. The feel and controls are well thought out such as handy, obvious, & easy. I would say the scope itself (from several years of experience over the course of year-round Alaska conditions) is a winner.

I have no idea on customer services, warranty work if ever needed, and so on - no comment there.