Thread: Voere rifles?

Default Voere rifles?

Anyone know anything about Voere rifles? My brother just bought one down in Texas. He said it was made in Austria. I've never heard of them.
    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

I've seen exactly one... in TN some odd 15 yrs ago.

If I recall correctly... caseless ammunition, electronic primer ignition. It was an ill fated civillian offshoot of the caseless munitions research of the late 80s/90s. I also think there was a cased/ electronic primer version.

Somewhere in the foggy recesses of my mind I thought Remington had a short fling as the US distributor of the ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    I've seen exactly one... in TN some odd 15 yrs ago.

If I recall correctly... caseless ammunition, electronic primer ignition. It was an ill fated civillian offshoot of the caseless munitions research of the late 80s/90s. I also think there was a cased/ electronic primer version.

Somewhere in the foggy recesses of my mind I thought Remington had a short fling as the US distributor of the ammunition.
    That doesn't sound like what he has. He said it is an '06.
    James Madison

Depends on old models or new and run from good to very good. Most on the 98 action with german barrels any many have switch barrel actions and bolt heads
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Doesn't seem to be much about them on the internet, either. From what my brother described I'm guessing his is an M98 action. I've never seen any junk coming out of Austria, so he probably got a good gun.
    James Madison

I have used a .22LR and seen a few centerfires as well of older Austrian manufacture... the .22LR was quite accurate, while the centerfires I've held in hand where nothing too special with respect to features or price. Emphasis on 'Accuracy' was more the Austrian manufacturers claim to fame. Later came the high-tech case-less ammunition stuff.

One very real consideration was the super-fast lock-times in models that featured Stellite parts. For examples: the .22LR of the late 80's guaranteed <1" groups @ 100!!! Some centerfires guaranteed 1/2"!!!

One poster mentioned what was known as the vec-91 case-less 5.7 electronic system... Doubt this is what you'll ever find. This is also a completely different concept to Remington's centerfire brass-case called ETRONIX.

... be willing to bet the rifle will be very accurate if in good working condition with good looking bore.

I have one in a 308 Norma mag one the few commercially chambered rifles for that round. It is a fine shooter and chambered for an excellent round. Mine has express sights as well neat rifle very little on them on the internet. A fella had one at the Wasilla high school gunshow in 09 I should have bought it it was in a 300 win mag.

Is this the one that they sold out of Texas under Klingunther (spelling?) name? It had a magazine hidden under an hinged trigger guard assembly.

GNR had one on the rack for quite a while a year or so ago. I think it was in 7mm Rem Magand had a claw mounted sope - not a bad rig but wish it had been in a larger caliber.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    Is this the one that they sold out of Texas under Klingunther (spelling?) name? It had a magazine hidden under an hinged trigger guard assembly.

GNR had one on the rack for quite a while a year or so ago. I think it was in 7mm Rem Magand had a claw mounted sope - not a bad rig but wish it had been in a larger caliber.
    I know my brother bought it in Dallas, but I don't know much else about it. He didn't say what kind of magazine it has.
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by walk-in View Post
    Doesn't seem to be much about them on the internet, either. From what my brother described I'm guessing his is an M98 action. I've never seen any junk coming out of Austria, so he probably got a good gun.
    http://www.voere.com/waffentechnik.htm
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

No no these were made in the mid 60's I saw a flyer some one posted on another forum. Let me go find it...

Some more info I found
    The Austrian Voere rifles have been made since the mid 60s...I have a early 90s vintage bolt action model 2165 in 30:06 and its a quality, accurate rifle....Mine was imported by JaegerSports...They currently are not being imported into the US...

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    No no these were made in the mid 60's I saw a flyer some one posted on another forum. Let me go find it...

Some more info I found
    The Austrian Voere rifles have been made since the mid 60s...I have a early 90s vintage bolt action model 2165 in 30:06 and its a quality, accurate rifle....Mine was imported by JaegerSports...They currently are not being imported into the US...
    There's a few of them on Gunbroker in 30-06, and one or two in 7mm...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

weirdest things come through Fairbanks. I saw a cougar in 7Rem Mag last year. I think it sold for 500 dollars. I have since found out that they are extremely accurate and generally retail for around 750 dollars so somebody got a good deal. I have heard that they have very good barrels and are very accurate.
    The Cougar in question I believe was from early 1970s and had a Weatherby type monte carlo stock with raised cheekpiece. It sold the same time as a Model 52 Sear Roebuck 3006 did.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

I have one, a Cougar, in 308 Norma Mag. It is pure 98 Mauser action with an exceptionally accurate barrels and nice walnut stock.

Ted