Thread: Alaska airboating rivers and flats

Default Alaska airboating rivers and flats

Im hoping that this forum stays active a soon becomes used by the majority of airboaters in Alaska. I know a few of you are knowledgeable about quite a number of rivers suitable for airboats, and some of those not useable by jets, etc. I'm new to airboating and don't know rivers other then the local area, Knick, Jim Creek and lakes, Deshka and that area. I'm hoping that some of you post about different Alaska rivers you have used your airboat on and any problems you may have enountered with those rivers, possibly seasons when water flow was lacking, etc. I know last summer I was looking at a trip on the W fork Galkana, and spent quite a bit of time trying to find info on it. Never did make it over there but I plan on it this next year possibly. Minto area I considered but eliminated due to the Moose closure there. What other big flat areas are suitable for airboats, riding and hunting. I'm neither a long term Alaska hunter or a long term airboater, so I would appreciate info on here and I'm sure there are others that would like the info also. Not looking for anybody's honey hole, just general areas and rivers that are suitable. Thinking about Tetlin, never been there. Thanks, Bud

The great thing about airboats is you do not have to worry about water levels that much , You can put in anywhere and explore .I do tours on the Big Su ,Just put in at the bridge go North or South and will not run into anybody(boats) south until almost Deska you will not see a soul going north until you hit Talkeetna (Except me LOL ) Unless I get my boat sold in the spring,Then it's all yours
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Ive taken a john boat to tetlin for duck hunting years ago used to be a any moose area dont know about now but it a neat area.