Thread: 2011 Moose hunting

Default 2011 Moose hunting

Well now that my 2010 season is officially over, I am looking forward to next season. I am looking into a walk-in type hunt or trying to stay around Fairbanks management area. I really want to try and get one with my bow. I can drive anywhere in the state, fly-in is not an option, nor is a float hunt. I know there are plenty of places to hunt doing a walk in, but I am not sure where to go to increase my chances. I would like to get a nice bull that I have to work to get. If any one can point me in the right direction so I can do the leg work it will help out greatly. I ma not looking at taking anyone's hunting spot, or invade there camp, but I would like to find a spot if pointed in the right direction. PM if you don't want everyone to know where it is.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Lets see...you want a nice bull, but you dont want to fly or float in....Hmmmmm.....okay go this way and thataway.....but watch out for that huntin camp over there........BAAAM!!!!..there's your moose....

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Lets see...you want a nice bull, but you dont want to fly or float in....Hmmmmm.....okay go this way and thataway.....but watch out for that huntin camp over there........BAAAM!!!!..there's your moose....

Nice moose, and thanks. Thats kinda what I used to do. I just was looking for a direction to look into. I wish I had your kind of luck.

I would look into some of the bow only areas. Healy-Lignite Management Area would be a close start. Hard to compete with motorized gun hunters.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    I would look into some of the bow only areas. Healy-Lignite Management Area would be a close start. Hard to compete with motorized gun hunters.

Steve
    I hunt the ferry trail pretty much every year, and if you dont have an any bull tag, then good luck (or maybe thats just me and I don't know where to go). I am kinda familiar with the area, is there good bulls in there? Never hunted that area before.