Thread: YEAHH--Got my first Wolverine--

Talking YEAHH--Got my first Wolverine--

I went out yesterday to do some calling and check some traps i had set out. The first set was a place i had scene a bunch of coyote sign and had some snares set up around a spruce tree with some bait under it. The first time i checked it the bait was gone and had saw a set of wolverine tracks come by. So i set a cubby set right next to the same spruce tree i already had setup . When i walked up to the set i noticed something was different, nothing in the cubby but as i looked up at where i had pulled down a dead alder branch to cut off one of the routes it was now laying on the ground "not the way i left it" .I looked to the left and Holy $*%@, there he was hanging by my snare right arround his neck .

It dident look like he put up much of a struggle and man was i excited, my first wolverine and it was my first time i had actually snared something and trust me i certainly have been trying .

He dosent have a bright diamond on his back But he dose have some cool markings on his throat. I sure am proud of him and he will make a nice trophy for my collection .
    LOVE MY LITTLE SKULL CLEANERS

Default nice job

Good looking wolverine! Nice job! I can remember my first wolverine and it sure was exciting! Keep up the good work!

Alright akpredator, I'm sure the excitement was high, now wait till you get a live one, that will surely get your attention.

Awesome!! That is a cool looking throat patch! Nice work.

If you caught a wolverine in a yote snare, either you set the snare too low, or it snowed and raised the ground level. Whatever the case, congrats.
    Now wouldn't you feel better knowing some attractive young woman was wearing the fur around her head, instead of just collecting dust in your trophy room? Maybe your wife would like a parka with fur you caught? Kids? Or even you?
    First wolverine I caught was in a snare. Had to carry it about 4 miles back to the cabin.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Thumbs up Way to go!!

Way to go AKPredator! Congrats!

Default Very nice

congrats!!!!!!

thanks everyone , i just went and checked another set and had another one walk by my cubby set ,Im going to have to bring some more snares to set around it and try to get lucky before season ends.

martentrapper, your right that was the only snare i had set that was that low and he happened to walk through it. As far as having some pretty lady wearing my fur she will just have to wait till i can catch another becouse this one is mine :]

Todd
    LOVE MY LITTLE SKULL CLEANERS

awesome.........wahoo! and congrats,that sure is purdy.

Thumbs up

Thumbs up! Congratulations
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Phil 4:13