Thread: Mt. Goat Help Needed

Default Mt. Goat Help Needed

I have a friend that wants to hunt Mt. Goat. Since he is a non-resident, he will need to hire a guide. Any suggestions? If they are negative, you are welcome to PM me.

Thanks for the help (in advance).

Phil Stewart

Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIRONDACK MTS.

Ed Toribio of Primo Expeditions is as good as they come. He hunts out of Ketchikan.

Having hunted both Kodiak and Southeast I would say Kodiak is an 'easier' goat hunt, mountains aren't as steep although there are no easy goat hunts. Populations on Kodiak are exploding and mixing in deer is a possibility. Jake Jefferson is a heck of a guide and he guides there though the south end may be better. As for southeast Ed Toribio is awesome, also Johnny Laird and Kurt Whitehead also guide goat in SE in some pretty country. Can't miss with any of them,

Gooch
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Having hunted both Kodiak and Southeast I would say Kodiak is an 'easier' goat hunt, mountains aren't as steep although there are no easy goat hunts. Populations on Kodiak are exploding and mixing in deer is a possibility. Jake Jefferson is a heck of a guide and he guides there though the south end may be better. As for southeast Ed Toribio is awesome, also Johnny Laird and Kurt Whitehead also guide goat in SE in some pretty country. Can't miss with any of them,

Gooch
    Great advice, +1 for Jake, goes by BRWNBR on this forum, has an awesome reputation and I know he knows Goats.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Depends what kind of goat hunt you are looking for. A hunt in the Mistys in the early season has a high likley hood of producing a short haired B&C goat, expect to fly into a high alpine lake and do a lot of hiking. A late season hunt will get you a long haired goat, and can be boat based which is a very easy goat hunt, although more expensive. Both are great hunts, depends on the kind of goat/experience you are looking for.