Thread: Fur Prices

Default Fur Prices

I was just wondering what average fur prices people are getting for the animals they are taking this year. A few of the ones I am really interested in are as follows.

Wolf

Coyote

Fox Red and Arctic

Lynx

Ermin

Mink

Beaver

Muskrat

any input is appreciated!

Depends. Are you selling in big numbers to NAFA or do you only have a few items. IF you only have a few items you will get more money if you sell them to private partys than you would NAFA. Also are you selling already tanned or just stretched and dried. The grade of the fur and put up also is a big factor in how much money you will get.

stretched and tanned. I was just wondering the ballpark average of what most people get for just a few items. Even just a single items value in your eyes of course. I am trying to not make this as uncomplicated as possible. I just had surgery and sit here wondering about things all day wishing I was predator hunting!

The magazine "Fur Fish Game" has a fur market report in it every month. It will give you a general idea what is moving and what goods are selling very well and specific prices of most all furs. You can generally find it at any newsstand or magazine rack.