Thread: which laser/light combo for a XDm?

Default which laser/light combo for a XDm?

I just bought a new Springfield XDm in 40 S&W. I want to buy a laser/flashlight combo for it, but with so many on the market I was wondering if any of you guys had any recommendations for which one to get. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Tom
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Are you going to be carrying it with the light, or is it just for home defense? If you're going to be carrying it, get the Surefire X400 because it's bar none the most durable light/laser combo on the market. If it's just for home defense, get the Streamlight TLR-2 because it's about $100 cheaper and it does everything the Surefire will do.

Viridian C5L the best. Compact, green laser and 100 Lumen light.

That new Viridian C5L is very impressive and is in the same prive range as the Streamlight TLR2. These are great systems, but they have to drawbacks IMHO. They a pretty bulky for carry (if it's for a home defense weapon that's no problem) and the laser usually sits under the light (farthest distant from the barrel, this will adjust the POA/POI).

Have you considered 2 separate units? When you are using a combined unit you usually have to preset how the module will emit the laser/light/or laser & light with the flick of the switch. To change it you'd have to adjust the controlls to change functions. If you were to use say a Crimson Trace and Surefire x300/ or TLR1s, you would instictively activate the laser w/the pressure switch and have the option of using your light witch the seoarate switch.

Crimson usually $200 or so and TLR1 about $100/TLR1s about $130/ TLR3 about $80
    so they come out pretty similiar to the Viridian and TLR2, but you get 2 separate units.

Surefire X400. The best, plus awesome customer service.

If it's in your budget, Surefire does makes great stuff and their service is top notch.