Thread: Military/Government Employee Ducks Unlimited Banquet

Default Military/Government Employee Ducks Unlimited Banquet

Hello,

The Military and Govt employees Ducks Unlimited banquet is going to be on January 15, 2011 at the Eagle River Lions Club, and the prices are: Single $45, Couple $65, Youth $30. If you are interested in attending or sponsoring a Military member to attend, please contact Chris Duffy at 907-830-6020 or me (calndux@mtaonline.net). Chris is a better contact than I am, but I can help if you can not get a hold of Chris.

Also we have pre-banquet tickets availible for a chance to win a Winchester SX3 at $10 each or 3 for $20.

Thanks for supporting our military/govt banquet.
    Advice from a River: Slow Down and Meander, Go with the Flow, Stay Current, Beauty is in the Journey...

I went to this last year. It was an awesome event. Lots of prizes. I, of course, didn't win anything, but there was plenty to win. Are they doing the "Wall O Guns" this year?

Hello Folks,

I think you may be getting the Military/Govt banquet confused with the Spring
    Fling. The Military/Govt banquet does not do the wall of guns, but it is a good banquet.

Thanks,

Gary
    Advice from a River: Slow Down and Meander, Go with the Flow, Stay Current, Beauty is in the Journey...

Quote Originally Posted by calndux View Post
    Hello Folks,

I think you may be getting the Military/Govt banquet confused with the Spring
    Fling. The Military/Govt banquet does not do the wall of guns, but it is a good banquet.
    Last year they had a Friday night event just before the Big One, this is not the same event. This is a small event that used to be held out on Ft. Rich many years ago that disappeared only to be brought back to life by Reese Baldwin. Thanks Reese! Used to be out at the golf course, then the past couple of years it was held over at St. Patricks on Muldoon, but it is moving to Eagle River Lions club this year. If you like a more low key event, this is the one to attend. This is what the good ol' events used to be like before the Spring BBQ came along.

Bring your kids, this is a very family friendly event.

Quote Originally Posted by IL_Boy View Post
    I went to this last year. It was an awesome event. Lots of prizes. I, of course, didn't win anything, but there was plenty to win. Are they doing the "Wall O Guns" this year?
    If you like guns, keep your eyes open, a little bird told me that there may be a mega gun event coming in the next couple of months...how's that for a teaser!

I wonder why DU segregates banquets based on who you work for? Just wondering, cause it seems odd to me, almost fishy

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    I wonder why DU segregates banquets based on who you work for? Just wondering, cause it seems odd to me, almost fishy
    Technically it is open to all. This event started out on the bases and had limited access due to security. If you want to attend, I'm sure they will accommodate you. No need to start rumors about unjustly supporting the troops.

Banquet was great Chris, thanks for a fun night. Be sure to keep your head down when you head out!