Thread: RV licensing/insurance?

Default RV licensing/insurance?

Furthering my quest for knowledge & information on RV ownership; I'm curious as to the insurance rates on a unit I'm considering buying; a 1978 Chevy motorhome; I think it's a class "C", about 22-24' in length?

Anyone have an idea on this? I'm thinking just the "regular" driver's license is fine for driving these rigs? Also wondering if the registration costs are a lot just due to the size of the vehicle?

Assuming the insurance cost between a motorized vehicle RV compared to a travel trailer would be quite different considering one has to be towed?

I realize these are amateur questions but I appreciate the help & feedback from you guys thus far on all my threads/posts!

Happy New Years! Jim

Two Rivers, AK

As far as insurance goes.......DIRT CHEAP! I believe I pay $230.00 for the entire year for full coverage on a 97 34' class A. My insurance company told me it's so inexpensive because motorhomes are so rarely used by most. Registration is about the same as a normal vehicle and a regular drivers license is all you'll need to operate it. Good luck on your quest and don't for get to winterize it! We'll be expecting that question later

Mayer, Arizona, United States

try national interstate insurance. even when based in other states, any company should cover alaska.