Thread: Kid Friendly B&B in Homer

Default Kid Friendly B&B in Homer

Does anyone have a recommendation for a KID FRIENDLY (4) B&B in or around Homer? I am hoping to find a B&B for my families annual 4th of July fishing trip. I have emailed 4 B&B's already and been told they "can't allow that many kids"

I am simply looking for a place to take my family and our boat for a three day fishing trip. Fish all day then come home to a warm bed and not have to fight the camp ground crowd at the end of the day.

Thanks for the help.

Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a KID FRIENDLY (4) B&B in or around Homer? I am hoping to find a B&B for my families annual 4th of July fishing trip. I have emailed 4 B&B's already and been told they "can't allow that many kids"

I am simply looking for a place to take my family and our boat for a three day fishing trip. Fish all day then come home to a warm bed and not have to fight the camp ground crowd at the end of the day.

Thanks for the help.

Drew
    That's really bizarre! I'm not a big B&B sort of person, but I just can't imagine not being able to accommodate 4 kids, unless you're asking for them to each have their own bedrooms. I don't know anyone around here that does the B&B thing, but I'll check around with the people I know as see what I can come up with.

There are some pretty good cabins in the area that have multiple bedrooms that might work if you're interested in that sort of thing. A lot of them have kitchens or kitchenettes. You don't get your breakfast made for you, but there's plenty of ways around that. Is that a possibility?
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Muttley,
    I was shocked on of the reply’s was a bit on the rude side, but I ma not here to sling any mud. They have their client base and that is fine by me. All I can do is vote with my $$$

I am open to any and all ideas. In an ideal world I would have a place to park a truck with a 24’ boat and electric so I can run my vacuum sealer and a small freezer. I had not thought about a cabin but that is a great idea too. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

Toddler...Sent P.M.

Muttley,
    I was shocked on of the reply’s was a bit on the rude side, but I ma not here to sling any mud. They have their client base and that is fine by me. All I can do is vote with my $$$

I am open to any and all ideas. In an ideal world I would have a place to park a truck with a 24’ boat and electric so I can run my vacuum sealer and a small freezer. I had not thought about a cabin but that is a great idea too. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Drew
    Hmmm. Sorry if you found my reply rude. I was trying to be helpful and was commiserating with you. Too bad you took it the wrong way. I'll let other people help you then.

Muttley,
    Please forgive my typing. What I was trying to say (and obviously goofed up) was I was shocked at one of the replies I got from one of the B&B's because the reply was a bit on the rude side. I am not here to sling any mud. Each company has a target market and I was obviously not in theirs. I guess all I can do is vote with my dollars.

I did not find your reply rude in any way, and I would sincerely appreciate any assistance or suggestions you have to offer.

Again my apologies for the poor typing.
    Drew

Scott Adams

Muttley,
    Please forgive my typing. What I was trying to say (and obviously goofed up) was I was shocked at one of the replies I got from one of the B&B's because the reply was a bit on the rude side. I am not here to sling any mud. Each company has a target market and I was obviously not in theirs. I guess all I can do is vote with my dollars.

I did not find your reply rude in any way, and I would sincerely appreciate any assistance or suggestions you have to offer.

Again my apologies for the poor typing.
    Drew
    LOL! Whoops!!! I can see what you were saying now. That's what I hate about communicating with people through typed words.

Not a problem. I will see what I can dig up.

Not sure on B&B but this may be an option for you. http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/alaska

Just click on Homer or any other places you want to visit and look for homes to rent. Some pretty good deals.

Here's one option for looking: http://cabinsinhomer.com/. I've never stayed at any of them, but the site might be helpful.

I'm trying to find a place that some of my clients stayed at this summer. I'm not sure if they had kids or not, but it was on Kachemak Drive (a 5 minute drive from the harbor and town) and they had their own hot tub and they said it was incredible. Wish I'd gotten the name. Shouldn't be too hard to come up with though.

I don't know if you have solved your problem yet but we have a B&B in Homer and would be happy to accommodate you. You can check us out at www.CranesRest.com. We have a 2-bedroom suite that's coming online this year which might be what you are looking for.

Muttley,
    That was exactly what I was looking for. I talked to Claudia today and we are set up for the beach house. Thanks for the help.

Sparizek
    I am covered but I also have some friend who may be joining us and looking for similar accommodations and your place looks great. I will pass them the link.

Drew

Scott Adams

Muttley,
    That was exactly what I was looking for. I talked to Claudia today and we are set up for the beach house. Thanks for the help

Drew
    Is that the place with the hot tub? I'm just curious because I never found out from my clients and I'd love to let other people know about it if it is. And even if it's not, let me know how you like the place you're staying. I always have clients that are looking for a nice place to stay and I'd love to point them in the right direction. Since I live here I never really have any reason to stay anywhere other than my home!

Muttley
    There is no mention of a hot tub and there are no photos showing a hot-tub. Maybe you need a hot-tub at your slip.

Just my nickel
    Drew

Scott Adams

Muttley
    There is no mention of a hot tub and there are no photos showing a hot-tub. Maybe you need a hot-tub at your slip.

Just my nickel
    Drew
    If I thought the harbormaster would allow it I'd spring for a dockside hot tub tomorrow! Of course I could always buy a bigger boat and just put one on the back deck!!

Actually, I just bought a place with a cabin that I'm renovating to eventually use as a rental for my clients. It WILL have a hot tub, and also has a million dollar view of K-Bay, the Spit and all the mountains and glaciers across the bay. Unfortunately it won't be available as a rental for at least another year, or two.

I need to find the name of that B&B. The clients I had loved the people that owned it and for about the last hour of our charter all they could talk about was getting "home" and cracking a beer or two while sitting in the hot tub.