Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: alexander lake

Default alexander lake

fluing out in the morning just wondering if anyone has been ou there this year Mike.

not me but i know that got hammered last year with the nets and the eradication deal they got going on..

creek got netted not lake

well heck no one whats to say whats happen out there. I'll find out for myself then.

I wish I could give you help, but I can't. This year, in the next few weeks or so I plan on snow machining out to the lake to catch some pike. My girlfriend's dad has a cabin on Alexander Creek, so I am definitely going to give it a try this winter.

Please let me know how it is. I read that they estimate 16,000 pike live in that lake, maybe even more in the winter? I think it should be a good time.

Let us know how ya do, my buddy and I are headed up there this week, so between you and us we outta know what's going on in there
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Excuse my ignorance ( i could just open the g***etter) How far of a snowmachine ride is it and from where do you depart?

if you don't get lost figure about 1 1/2 hrs of traveling I think from the boat lunch, never have gone all the way from the little Sue parking lot

had a great trip weather was warm fishing was ok we didn't catch anything big . we did loose one pole it was gone in a blink of an eye. here's a couple picks.

awesome! How thick was the ice and what did you use if you dont mind me asking. I plan on fishing there a couple times this winter. Glad to hear you were successful though!

fishing regs this lake has some funny regs so make sure you read them an under stand F & G can help if you need it

ya there rules make no dam sence there. I think fish and game should take there head out there butt on this one. They spend lots of money on nets all summer long on the river to keep the pike under control but there protected in the lake. hmmmm

A fish and game buddy told me the reason for the "only 1 over 30 inch rule" was because the big ones eat the smaller ones. And if you just keep all the big ones, you will get a lake full of little hammer handles like in many other lakes.

I think they are wasting their time/our money netting the creek and sloughs....

Quote Originally Posted by J2theD View Post
    A fish and game buddy told me the reason for the "only 1 over 30 inch rule" was because the big ones eat the smaller ones. And if you just keep all the big ones, you will get a lake full of little hammer handles like in many other lakes. ....
    They got rid of the 30" rule. It's now one fish over 27" and as many as you want under 27".

Quote Originally Posted by J2theD View Post
    I think they are wasting their time/our money netting the creek and sloughs....
    Still holding to that pipe dream of bringing the salmon runs back.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Went to Alexander yesterday, had to break trail in so it took us longer to get there than anticipated. Only fished 2 hours since we got there at noon, caught 1 little pike. Only put out 2 tip ups and jigged so I wouldn't get too discouraged by this report, didn't try to hard. Trail was groomed on the way out though and markers are up. Lots of snow in that country.

bait for for the lake, #1 the lake is not a very deep lake so using hardwear is tuff if there is not suffent water to move your lure that being said it can be don but very short moverment of the lure [ most of the time only about a foot of water under the ice] , #2 cut or whole herring work very well good luck on your trip,
    sucker lake is also produces very well, more water there fish near the stream between the two lakes, there is a strean out of the hills an it flows into frist lake then to the 2 nd lake I think you will do best there in past years there was a snowmachine trail into it,
    good luck let us know how you do

SID

How hard would it be to pull a portable fish house out their.. never fished that lake, but plan too..

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytguy View Post
    How hard would it be to pull a portable fish house out their.. never fished that lake, but plan too..
    I wouldn't bother. It's a long bumpy ride out there.

unless you own a lot on the lake [some where to store it ] use a popup tent like the one at costco an take it with you an enjoy also try Sucker lake it's not bad check the book [regs]

If I catch that pole I'll let you know=)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast