Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what new hunting item did you get for Christmas??

Default So what new hunting item did you get for Christmas??

So, I'm sitting here at the lodge at 2am... looking at the Christmas tree thinking... I wonder what I got for Christmas? I know my wife never gets me anything that isn't camoflage, or shoots, so fairly confident the morning will be good. Little Bob is still sleeping, and I'm tempted to go wake him up right now and tell him Santa was here, so I can see what I got!

What cool new hunting gadget did you get?

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Great thread topic!

Well it looks like a few hundred bucks in S/W gift cards so far which is something I will never complain about! I also got a couple new Go-Lite tepee tents (Shangri-la 3 and 5). A little Haglof backpack to use when jogging and some sheep hunting video's for motivation to put the pack on and go jogging!

New 25-06 for deer hunting in the fall...life is good

My wife took care of me as usual...

Northern Sled Works 6' Ski Pulk... can't wait to go skiing now!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

the missus got a .40cal and an emerald ring and my next in line daughter got her first .22 the TC youth model...Vortex mono scopes for two more of the kids.. and 25 hours of ak hunting videos..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I bought myself some new merino wool shirts and and underwear for Christmas.

A Konus 20x60 spotting scope. Son got his first bb gun.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Christmas came early for us and it's not really hunting GEAR persay...but a new hunting partner. A beautiful baby girl on Oct 22nd.

Better than any piece of gear.

boy got his first gun ~ Ruger 10/22. I got a lightweight hiking chair and the kids got the deer hunting game for the WII
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Default Bought myself

A new Gun Safe, a S&W AR15, a S&W 38 and a Marlin 22 to not worry about leaving at the cabin!
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

I got a cuddeback digital game camera from pops. A dutch oven from sister. I bought my self a bunch of new gear this year so the missus said that was plenty and she meant it! She got me a coffee maker for the kitchen.

Barneys Gift certificate, Cabelas Gift certificate, Rain gear, two tiered two tool box w/ castors......and more flying hours to add toward my PP certificate.

Number 1 son got a 7-08 number 2 son is getting (I have to PU when I get home) a Rossi 22/243/20GA set. If all goes well I will get to carry my daughters Bou out of the woods this fall.

Just my nickel
    Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler View Post
    Number 1 son got a 7-08 number 2 son is getting (I have to PU when I get home) a Rossi 22/243/20GA set. If all goes well I will get to carry my daughters Bou out of the woods this fall.

Just my nickel
    Drew
    That is awesome Drew! Plans were for Diamond bows for the #1 and #2 sons and one of the jr bows for the little guy. Also new pack for the oldest and similar outdoor gear for the rest of the clan. Unfortunately all that is going to have to wait till we are all back in AK since we are trying not to acquire any significant personal possessions that we have to ship home! For now they got "quiet toys"...Ipod, Nintendo DS-XL's etc. Things they can do that don't bother the wife while she is studying over the next 3 months! We will be doing a BIG "Christmas in July" as a family when we get back to AK and it will be all about getting everyone ready for outdoors fun!

I got the OK from my wife to buy this! It's a POF 415. It's piston driven, accurate, and completely bad!*% It will shoot anything from 55 grain FMJ's to 70 grain TSX's into an inch. Can't wait to take it out to say good evening to some cayotes!

POF.JPG
    I don't know why the pic didn't upload the first time I tried.... Oh well, here it is.

Divorce paperwork talk about a real sh$@@y present. Said I spend more time hunting than with her...

Just kidding lol got some gift cards for sportsman warehouse.

Hid lights for the boat, ice fishing gear,winter hat with light on the bill of it.

I got to spend Christmas at home with my family instead of overseas plus a Havalon Piranta, a propane oven stove combo, a few gift cards for Cabela's, some Mountain Hardwear mittens and compressor booties no more cold feet in the tent!

My two youngest daughters each got Ruger MKII pistols with extended mag releases and a loader for their mags so no sore thumb for me. and a 1000 rounds of 22 lr

My wife got her AR15 finished

Merry Christmas everyone!

Well normally I don't buy for myself for christmas, but I bought myself a 375 Ruger. The other items are still coming in the mail.

I found a very old book I've been wanting for a long time from an antiquarian book dealer in London at a fair price so its on the way. The book is a first edition, and though I've had a photocopy of this book for many years I finally get to add the hardback to the bookcase. Its an about an awesome trip by an English hunter around Tustumena Lake 110 years ago.

Author: CANE, COLONEL CLAUDE.
    Title: SUMMER AND FALL IN WESTERN ALASKA. The record of a trip to Cook's Inlet after big game.
    Description: Horace Cox, 1903. 1st Ed.

Though not a hunting related item, the other item is another book on order that I finally found. I have a photocopy of this book too so I've read it and finally after several years of searching (15 years) I found a first edition. Its not that its valuable, just hard to find.

Author: Alice M. Brooks
    Title: The Clenched Fist
    Description:1948 Dorrance & Company. "The instances related in this simple narrative are the actual experiences of two young Government teachers in the territory of Alaska."

Though the book was published in 1948 it was actually written about a much earlier time by two teachers in the village of Kenai that arrived in 1918. An extremely well written book about life and people of that time era.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast