Thread: OUPV - documenting sea time

Default OUPV - documenting sea time

So I am in the process of trying to figure out how to document sea time to get a 6-pack license. I have been getting lots of requests for sightseeing tours etc. and would possibly like to jump into doing trips for the non-consumptive guests that we get to the island (also the community has halibut permits so that is an option as well). I have owned my own boats for years, have ample time on the water just wondering if it is possible to use my personal time as documented time and how to go about it.

Merry Christmas all.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

With your own boat, you are pretty much on the honor system. You need to include a bill of sale in with your packet you submit to prove you owned the boat. If you screw up and sink your boat, they might go back and verify your sea time..

Do you have the sea time form? It's online somewhere..

you should be able to find everything you need here http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/

If you had your own boat thats a plus because you don`t have to track down past skippers and what not. good luck bells and whistles are a B---h

Check that website and look for the mariner's home page. There is an application wizard tool on it that should make it easier to get everything right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    I have owned my own boats for years, have ample time on the water just wondering if it is possible to use my personal time as documented time and how to go about it.

Merry Christmas all.
    The simple answer to your question is, yes, you can use personal time as documented time, and as everyone has said here, just fill out the "sea time" form. I just filled it out to the best of my knowledge and included copies of the registrations for all the boats I owned for the time I used them. I've never heard of needing a bill of sale for the boat.

And Merry Xmas to you too! Hope the licensing process goes smoothly for you.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com