Thread: sako AV floor plate

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default sako AV floor plate

I finally lost my follower and spring for my Sako 270 win, I have been lucky over the years in catching the floor plate when it opens and dumps all my ammo out. This year I swore I had everything when I got to the boat after my goat hunt, when I got to the harbor the magazine was completely empty!

I use a follower from my wifes Ruger for the remainder of the season with duck tape holding the floor plate shut, anyone have a better system other than upgrading to a 85 sako?
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcombo View Post
    I finally lost my follower and spring for my Sako 270 win, I have been lucky over the years in catching the floor plate when it opens and dumps all my ammo out. This year I swore I had everything when I got to the boat after my goat hunt, when I got to the harbor the magazine was completely empty!

I use a follower from my wifes Ruger for the remainder of the season with duck tape holding the floor plate shut, anyone have a better system other than upgrading to a 85 sako?
    Maybe a new stock with a blind magazine? I don't know if mcmillin or someone else could build one for this application. Good luck

PM murphy, he's THE Sako guy around here.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

I have never seen an AV Sako dump the magazine???? Not sure what the malfunction is but.......I do have a complete AV bottom metal including follower and spring. New...I actually have about a dozen of them for A-II's, A-III's, A-IV's and A-V's. These are all the older one piece complete with all parts and I think new screws.

I don't understand how or why your rifle spills its guts. Does this happen at the shot? Just curious, if you could explain, I'd like to hear it. If interested in the bottom metal drop me a PM. As the springs get worn they can fall with the follower when we punch the button to release but I've never known of one to spill out on its own.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I have never seen an AV Sako dump the magazine???? Not sure what the malfunction is but.......I do have a complete AV bottom metal including follower and spring. New...I actually have about a dozen of them for A-II's, A-III's, A-IV's and A-V's. These are all the older one piece complete with all parts and I think new screws.

I don't understand how or why your rifle spills its guts. Does this happen at the shot? Just curious, if you could explain, I'd like to hear it. If interested in the bottom metal drop me a PM. As the springs get worn they can fall with the follower when we punch the button to release but I've never known of one to spill out on its own.
    WHile I;m pushing, crawling and going thru the alders, and berry bushes sometimes the button gets pushed.
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com