Thread: Anyone shoot the .378 Weatherby Mag?

Default Anyone shoot the .378 Weatherby Mag?

I have had it for a couple years and have shot some animals with it. I am looking at getting more ammo and was wondering if anyone can get it for under a $100. Need to buy another 5 boxes with Barnes x or XXX in 270 grain

Wow! I had one quite a few years ago in the era when Nosler was the only game in town, so I can understand your desire for the Barnes. Any other bullets were too lightly constructed, and the Nosler barely made it in my book. I finally got rid of it because the Wby stock simply didn't fit me.

At those prices for ammo, $500 would buy you a complete reloading outfit plus the components to load more than your desired 5 boxes of ammo. Have you considered it?

Default Yes

Yes,, I think I will eventually buy a reload kit.. I am headed to the penn this fall and want to take it. I have all my left over brass from about 5 boxes of shells, hell the brass is even expensive. I think I priced it reloading and I would save about 10 dollars a box after it was all said and done. I love the Barnes Bullets through it. I put a Alaska MMuzzle Break on it from WIld West Guns, so the kick isn't that bad.

Come to think of it, if you have a friend who is a good reloader you might be able to get into it on the short term simply by buying a set of dies and using his outfit, meanwhile getting an education from him.

I've got half a dozen die sets in my cabinet that belong to friends, though there used to be more. Over time the others have put together their own setups and I'm working to ease the others into it. I won't load for them, rather I make them come over and use my gear under my watchful eye. Pretty quick the mystery of it all is gone, and since I travel a bunch, they set up their own so they can do it even when I'm not home.

at 120 grs of powder you get 55-60 loads/pound, 50bux/50bullets, 5bux/100 primers......so about 70 bux and you have 50rounds with stuff left over. you already have the brass......it would be worth stuffing yours.

i have my .416 rem handloaded, costs me 36 bucks a box, compared to the 105 at walmart or the 98 at sportsmans and i get it loaded warmer with barnes XXX, saves me alot of money!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212