Thread: New old sled... Indy,.. any advise...

Default New old sled... Indy,.. any advise...

Wife picked me up an old Indy, wondering on any advise for it , I have rinsed down and cleaned out the airbox, checked oil, there's new plugs.. Starts on first pull.(except yesterday, when I was left holding the rope) fixed spring/new recoil rope. Still starts on first pull. where can I find out information on it such as track size and find new parts??

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Sweet, those old Indys were bulletproof for the most part.

For parts n stuff I use the microfiche at Ronnies.com (scroll to the bottom for the search engine). Their prices aren't the lowest, but the microfiche is great. Get the OEM number of the part you are looking for then go shopping. They have microfiche listings for all kinds of off and on road machines.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Thanks, it's a 91- 440 so I'll go look at the good stuff

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

If your not familiar with sleds, you may want to get it checked out by a polaris shop... my $.02

The things that I would for sure check before any big ride would be the drive chain and drive bearings. If it has been sitting awhile there is probably no oil in the chain case. And be sure to greese every zert you can find.

Marbs wins... Ran it for 20min around the yard, noticed leak in chain case.. took it apart and needs new chain, and seal.. I couldn't get the whole case off to check and clean behind it. but I'll also put on a new belt . I replaced the cracked headlight cover, and am looking for a new engine cover and a chaincase (if I can figure out how to get this one off) and seal.

The Polaris 1985 - 1995 Master Repair Manual and lots more can be downloaded for free at:
    http://www.vintagesnow.com/Polaris.html

I've got a 340 Crosscounty and a 400 Indy...

if it is a triple watch out for the number two cylender they like to blow the piston arm out the side of the case
    He who don't float. Don't follow the ARGO!