Thread: trailer hubs

Default trailer hubs

I have a 09 Grizzly 700 and want to use the stock wheels for a trailer. It looks like the pattern is 4 bolts X 4.5 inch. What supplier of hubs carries this pattern? Most hubs I see are 4 bolts X 4 inch

akpolaris, check out the stock spacing for bolt pattern for the Grizzly 700, its should be 110 mm, 4.5" is 114.3 mm. Unless you use a converted spacer and they are available, or make your own, you likely will not find a stub axel hub to fit the stock bolt spacing on the stock wheels. The 4.5" bolt spacing shuld be a 5 stud pattern. (4 boltsX4"/ 5 boltsX4.5".) Some things are not what they look like. Trying to match Quad Wheels to Auto Hubs is not an easy find.

Bruce.

You can always go to one of the trailer places and buy their rims to fit your needs. I dislike spacers as they weaken the connection.

If you have a buddy with a lathe, you can make your hubs fit your wheels. Watch back spacing. Most stock ATV wheels that I have seen are much deeper in the back so your axle would have to stick out more than normal.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Yea the original sales pitch to the wife was get aftermarket tires and make use of stockers for trailer has not been a good arguement so far. I will look for another set of rimes. I reallylike the 27" aftermarket tires. No more going over the Ferry Trail bridge now

If you keep your factory backspacing, you won't gain much width at all, if any.

I've built at least ten meat trailers using yamaha take off's. You have to turn the hub nose down a little to fit through the rear wheel center hole, redrill and move the studs to 110mm.

Vmaxx you are talking about getting a 4 X 4" regular 1200# hub and drilling the holes for th 4.5" spacing & relocating the studs to the new holes?? That sounds like machinest work

Yes, it is. I use to have a jig to pick up the holes, however I now use a lathe to turn the hubs and a rotary table mounted on a vertical mill to redrill the stud holes. Plus I had to buy the exact no standard drill bit for the holes.