Thread: Ferry Trail bridge width

Default Ferry Trail bridge width

I am looking at some tires for my Grizzly 700 and wanted to know the width of the bridge alongside the railroad bridge at Ferry Trail. I know it is posted on this site somewhere but could not search it out
    Thanks
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by akpolaris View Post
    I am looking at some tires for my Grizzly 700 and wanted to know the width of the bridge alongside the railroad bridge at Ferry Trail. I know it is posted on this site somewhere but could not search it out
    Thanks
    Tom
    45" max tire width will get you across, but you will rub in places. 44 1/2 is better if you can set your 4X and trailer up for that.
    Hunted there for bous and sheep last fall and know for sure the dimensions to get across the bridge.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyH View Post
    45" max tire width will get you across, but you will rub in places. 44 1/2 is better if you can set your 4X and trailer up for that.
    Hunted there for bous and sheep last fall and know for sure the dimensions to get across the bridge.
    Oh yes, and watch your overall machine with, fenders etc. 45" max for all.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy

I've taken my 06 Griz with 27" tires on alloy wheels across the bridge by using a ratchet strap. Because of the independent suspension you can actually suck the tires in sideways quite a bit. If I remember right I only had to do it on the back.

Wedge her in there and hit the gas...Just don't plan on winning any pretty wheeler contests....

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by J in AK View Post
    Wedge her in there and hit the gas...Just don't plan on winning any pretty wheeler contests....
    i watched 73 bikes come across that bridge in ~ 30 min last year maybe an hour but it was a zoo.. anyway.. ONE GUY got stuck on the bridge.. and flat pissed of a LOT of folks.
    there is not a 700 out there that belongs on it. most 500 are to wide.

people do some really STOOOOOOPID crap on that bridge

it is a train mans WALK WAY.. was never ment to do what we all are using it for.. and that water is a long way dow,

you can get in the back way if you know who and how at Usibelli... short orentation and permission.. and your in.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

you wont get acrost on the 700 a few years ago we were on our way out and found a gi that was lost he said he came from the rex anyway his wheeler is still there it wont fit on the bridge and you wont catch me on the tracks its scary enough being on the bridge when a train comes through.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by akscotty View Post
    you wont get acrost on the 700 a few years ago we were on our way out and found a gi that was lost he said he came from the rex anyway his wheeler is still there it wont fit on the bridge and you wont catch me on the tracks its scary enough being on the bridge when a train comes through.
    getting caught on the tracks invokes TSA and the patriot act.. you will be charged as a terroist according to the R/R folks i know down there.

i have seen that train come through at 70 MPH at the ferry crossing,,, HAD NO idea it was there as i cross the tracks only to have it blazing by a moment later.. ( looked both ways).. and with the track work that is constantly being done in Denali.. the trains DO NOT have a schedule on the north bound. they are always late.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here