Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my son & a large coyote

Default my son & a large coyote

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blakes 1st coyotes 015.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	43519a large 55lb male coyote my son & i caught behind our house, 1 of 6 within a weeks time on our property, only had 9 traps on this section, my son dug the dirthole & baited the set & sifted the covering i drove the disposable stake,set & bedded the trap he did the rest, even chose the set location, ahhhh i was 1 proud pappa wen we checked traps the next morning we caught 2 the 1st day & he shot both the coyotes, said he could do it by himself. hope you all enjoy this pic

WOW! How awesome is that. Beautiful yote, 55 huh, that's a biggun. Where are located?
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

That is a cool picture man. I am jealous. I would love to have a picture like that of my boy. Congrats. He'll remember that one for life. Big coyote too.

That is hands down the best picture I have seen on this forum!
    Whata shot. Your boy musta been floored by the events. Way to get him out.
    I'd wager he's more man than most of these libs runnin around these days.

Man Oh Man, That is the Best Pic Ever....

and that little guy said, "I can do it myself Dad, an finished 'em ??" Yeah !!!
    What a Fine Young Boy He IS, Wow

Congrats Dad also

and.... Did I say, Great Pic enough times?
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

That's a phenomenal photo!!! Congratulations on the beautiful coyote. That thing is huge.

wow thats a good boy you got there....that dog looks like it has a neat red color to it
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Cool pic, beautiful yote! I'm guessing it's not an Alaskan yote, judging by what appears to be corn stubble in the background. Right or wrong?

Awesome pic, you tell that boy he impressed us all! I got a boy close to that age, I know how awesome it is to see them get into it like that and take charge. It brings a tear of joy to a proud Dads eye. Congratulations.My son saw that pic and told me he wants our next critter to be a coyote, so "he can do like that boy did"

Andrew
    60% of men don't know what they have until they lose it
    15% aren't sure but figure it's better than nothing
    25% know exactly what they have and would do anything to lose it or give it to someone else

The look on your son's face is simply priceless. That could be on the cover of a magazine I tell you, simply a great photo.

thank you for all the positive feed back & replies, i've shown this pic around here & got mixed/negative reviews from people who i'll call liberals, such as that's awful your son is to young to know what killing is all about & what are you thinking you can clearly see the trap on that poor coyotes foot & by the look on his face you can tell he is suffering, bla bla bla well i proudly defended that pic of my son & stated that i will continue to expose him to the outdoor sport & herritage of hunting,fishing & trapping. Hoyt you are correct this is not an alaskan yote but an Illinois/midwestern yote, i'm tanning it so my son can display it on his bedroom wall, he's very proud of it & shows the pic to his teachers & friends or anyone that will look at it then he tells the story, it's awsome to see the desire & fire when he tells it. i've been to alaska multiple times & knew after my 1st trip that i wanted to call this place home, i'm planning to relocate there pending my job search but being a single parent will only increase the difficulty but somehow we'll manage. Again thank you for the positive feedback & replies & may you all have sucess & memorable time in the bush with your loved ones.

Keep up the good work with you son predatorhuntr, you're leading him down the right path and I'm sure you know it. I don't think you could stop him from wanting to get out doors and hunt & trap now if you wanted.

Might Pass on to your boy, Coyote Killers are Very Welcome in Alaska,

We could use more like you guys, moving on up,

PS we can see that "Desire and Fire" in his eyes in that pic, glad he's proud of it,
    even if some don't understand what those critters, especially a big one like that do to the balance of the wilds

"to know what killing is all about,"..... is exactly what you are teaching, and accurately I might add
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

predhunter,

Just curious, are you and son shooting them in the head?

Congrats to you both on your success.

no bushrat we shoot them in the heart/lungs this particular coyote died in less than 5 seconds, we dispatch them this way to prevent the mess associated with head shots, shot through the heart/lungs they tend to bleed out inside & die rather quickly. coyotes & skunks are the only thing i shoot to dispatch everything else thats caught alive gets the snare pole/chest stomp to prevent haveing to sew up bullet holes.

Great picture!

What I wouldn't have given to not had to of grown up in the city and had family that would have exposed me to much more of the outdoors. Your son will remember and cherrish that hide for the rest of his life GREAT JOB! and that is one beautiful photo!
    If you live your whole life afraid to die... Then you can never truly live!

I looked at the pic again.......Liked it even more the second time! Congrats to you and your son again! Good luck with your move, Alaska is a great place to live!

Well done......

nice yote!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast