Thread: 2010 Final Dipnet Report - written by the City of Kenai

Default 2010 Final Dipnet Report - written by the City of Kenai

Uh, my browser pops up a warning that the 42.com domain is NOT a trusted source and I should not download anything from there. Why would the city of Kenai, who has their own website and server, host a document on some shady spam site?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

I asked Familyman to post the document since it is a public record. It was forwarded to me from a Fish and Game employee and was just wishing to spread the wealth of information that the City of Kenai Department heads are happy with what has transpired this past year on the dipnetting issue. The political members of the Kenai Assembly whine but the city department heads are still happy with the outcome of the last year, concerning dipnetting. Nothing more or less, just more information being put out there
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

OH, I get it now. You guys posted it there.

So, I just downloaded and read it. Great report and this is the first place I'll be sending any future anti-dipnet naysayers to get the real story. The dipnetting community should be proud of this accomplishment. It almost seems impossible that there were only 3 citations for illegal dipnetting activity this year. That's pretty amazing, especially when you think about all the krap that the anti's are constantly tossing out about illegal dipnetting. Tis just not true and this report exposes them as the liars that they really are. Everyone should read this report!

Thanks for posting this!!!
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Joat, no thanks needed. Just be available when I pm you and request we meet for a beer or something. I don't get down there often but when I do, I try to maximize my time.
    On a second note, I'm wishing everybody a Merry Christmas and a new year better than last. Tight lines and strong nets!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Default not shady

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    Why would the city of Kenai, who has their own website and server, host a document on some shady spam site?
    Don't believe all blacklists any more than you'd believe everything that you might hear; its just about equivalent.

If you can find that doc posted elsewhere, I'll change (or ask that it be changed) to link to it directly. I was just trying to provide a public service; I did not do it to be called "shady".

If you've been around here awhile, you'll know that this web site you're looking at now has been called "shady" a number of times too. The difference is that this web site you're logged onto now DID have some malware on it, while 42.com never has. Again, do not believe black lists; they are not trustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Don't believe all blacklists any more than you'd believe everything that you might hear...
    No "offense" intended. By your response it sounds like you are somehow associated with that domain? I was just reporting what my anti-virus pop up stated when I first attempted to access the link. I got a notice that is extremely rare for my system, so the 42.com domain is on some very high-level "look out" list. Something significant had to happen with that domain to achieve that level of warning.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    so the 42.com domain is on some very high-level "look out" list. Something significant had to happen with that domain to achieve that level of warning.
    Nothing more egregious than having 16 years longevity in a young market.