Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: honda Eu3000 remote start

Default honda Eu3000 remote start

does anyone on here have one of the aftermarket remote starts for the honda eu3000? i am wondering how far they will work. i have found two different brands.

My concern is that I believe that the Hondas have a manual choke. What good is electric remote start if you have to go choke it anyways?The Yamahas have automatic choke I believe. Please correct me if I am wrong as it has been a couple years since I sold them.

Mike
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Yep, handchoke would be a problem for auto start.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyH View Post
    Yep, handchoke would be a problem for auto start.
    Push pull solenoid? Mebbe? Depends on how cold blooded it is. 30Ft choke cable?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    Push pull solenoid? Mebbe? Depends on how cold blooded it is. 30Ft choke cable?
    I knew someone would say that and I was gonna say it on my post, but being a retired mech, didn't wanna open myself up to how to's to do it. Ya, I could do it myself, but I refuse to try to explain that type of crap here......lol
    Yep, can be done tho if you have the wiring schematics for the auto start unit system wiring and know which wire you need to clip into to run the choke solenoid. Has to be a 2 way solenoid tho on a timer box so it releases also in a preset amount of time or now you have a flooded engine situation. You guys get my drift? Too much to explain with my 2 finger typing skills.......lol

I would spring load it open and run a seperate set of wires (2) to a 'MOM ON' switch. Hit start, press switch until I see a bit of smoke out the stack, release switch.
    Bill Hicks

I would spring load it open and run a seperate set of wires (2) to a 'MOM ON' switch. Hit start, press switch until I see a bit of smoke out the stack, release switch.
    LOL, rules out starting it from your cabin bed while a grizz is breaking the door down.........lol

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyH View Post
    LOL, rules out starting it from your cabin bed while a grizz is breaking the door down.........lol
    My inverter would be working! Full lights! No noise! Well, except for a lot of BOOM BOOM BOOM music and not from the stereo.
    Bill Hicks

My inverter would be working! Full lights! No noise! Well, except for a lot of BOOM BOOM BOOM music and not from the stereo.
    There ya go! That works for me too......lol

man thats lazy! a remote start on a generator!
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by akriverunner View Post
    does anyone on here have one of the aftermarket remote starts for the honda eu3000? i am wondering how far they will work. i have found two different brands.
    Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    man thats lazy! a remote start on a generator!
    There ya go akriverunner, hire greythorne to start it and keep it running.........lol
    I checked his resume and it says he knows how to run the choke.

heck ya i will do it, i could use the money! need some work.
    Semper Fi!

They work like a charm. Had mine installed by dealer when I bought it. Starts at -10 after sitting out all night. Has a choke function on the remote. Probably about 75 feet is the farthest I've tried it. Sure is nice to crawl into bed and hit the stop button after a bottle of crown.

Yeah they use a servo for the choke. Nunya, what brand or who made the one you have?

I just bought an EU2000. Man I wish I would have got the 3000...

Talk to wes or Jask they have one on thier gererator

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    They work like a charm. Had mine installed by dealer when I bought it. Starts at -10 after sitting out all night. Has a choke function on the remote. Probably about 75 feet is the farthest I've tried it. Sure is nice to crawl into bed and hit the stop button after a bottle of crown.
    I use an inverter to keep the noise down and still have power. Hopefully, I can do like a friend of mine and run 2-3 days then charge my batteries for a couple of hours with a generator. Fuel is starting to be one of my greatest expenses and this is one way that I plan to get costs down. It sure is quiet with an inverter!
    Bill Hicks

I use an inverter to keep the noise down and still have power. Hopefully, I can do like a friend of mine and run 2-3 days then charge my batteries for a couple of hours with a generator. Fuel is starting to be one of my greatest expenses and this is one way that I plan to get costs down. It sure is quiet with an inverter!

should have a spot by water then run a waterwheel on a generator.
    Semper Fi!

A big thanks for letting the info flow that there ARE remote start systems out there that are wireless!
    Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by akriverunner View Post
    Yeah they use a servo for the choke. Nunya, what brand or who made the one you have?
    Don't know. The genset and paper work is at the cabin or I'd take a look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast