Thread: Mouse Squeaker Strikes Again

Default Mouse Squeaker Strikes Again

Went out on Sunday to do a little calling. After hiking back I called for about 15-20 minutes with my lil' dog, but nothing showed up. I pulled out the mouse squeaker from the dog toy and within about two minutes a coyote came out of the brush and trotted right towards me. He came within about 30 yrds and I squeezed one off.
    He was a little bit smaller than the previous coyote I shot, probably somewhere around 22 lbs. I'm pretty pleased with how nice this hide is though. It has a lot of orange on the ears and a nice copper colored face. He also had quite a few porcupine quills in his lower jaw I found when skinning him. Some were imbedded down pretty far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Coyote 22.jpg  

Wow, that is mighty nice, Mtn Man,

the squeaker from the Dog Toy, you say,
    so how does that compare in price to my new FoxPro??
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

The ol' squeaker trick, nice job. What caliber did you shoot him with?

Yes sir, the insert out of the squeaker is like a mini reed call and it works a heck of a lot better than my lip kissing attempts. I figured if I got no response from the raspy lil' dog, then I should switch it up to something with a higher pitch. It sure is fun seeing what you can get a response from. I figured if my little jack russel goes baserk over it then a coyote probably would too.
    I used my mini 14 and put one right in the upper shoulder.

Thats a great idea I'll have to give it a try. Right now I've only been setting out traps for them and they seem to walk arouns by and under my sanres, WTH! I've have them answer me but never come out in the open, guess not a luck person when it comes to them!