Thread: Help with my Polaris Widetrak LX

Default Help with my Polaris Widetrak LX

I'm trying to figure out a good selling price for my 2000 Widetrak LX with 2,900 miles on the odometer. I know that this machine is a highly desirable work sled that is the same EXACT sled offered brand new (they haven't changed it) to this day. Thanks to help from Vince, I did get a new drive-shaft bearing installed, and speedo cable on the ole girl, and it has all new front and rear shocks. Ride FX shocks up front, stock shocks and heavier-rate coil springs in the rear suspension. It's always been garaged, and also has a GPS, storage bags, and one of those gps heater plates.

I just realized that I don't really need this large machine because eventually I'm moving into the bush and I want to run a smaller Tundra ll. You never see the Widetrak LX on Craigslist because nobody is dumb enough to get rid of em, and when they do go up for sale (once in a blue moon), they are sold same day.

This sled will start in the coldest weather, and the 488 liquid cooled motor is a "rip roaring" little power house. Never any engine troubles.......that's for darned sure, I sure will miss it, but again......just too much machine.

A friend of mine pick up one last year a 2002 for $1700. I had one, sold it and got a Yamaha VK.
    Man I love the VK. Don't miss the LX!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Boss View Post
    A friend of mine pick up one last year a 2002 for $1700. I had one, sold it and got a Yamaha VK.
    Man I love the VK. Don't miss the LX!
    Wow, good deal. I can't even find a tundra for that price.

polaris and desirable dont belong in the same sentance, good luck selling it anyhow
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    polaris and desirable dont belong in the same sentance, good luck selling it anyhow
    yeah, i was never a big fan of Polaris either. But this machine sure has exceeded my expectations and has never broke down.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    yeah, i was never a big fan of Polaris either. But this machine sure has exceeded my expectations and has never broke down.

well dont sell something so good you better hang onto that bugger
    Semper Fi!

http://www.kbb.com/snowmobile/retail...-2_pass/233152
    maybe a start there, I would keep it.You spend all day on that tundra, You will know what i mean, Besides fact there is no comparing to pulling power differences, riding double ect.. I still have mine 1992 still going strong.If moving out to.. Your going to want a strong machine for the tougher jobs like tree,s fire wood lots fuel drums so forth.Trust me if sold a yr or two from now you will want another one to replace it and will cost you more in the long run,