Thread: Now that Whittier will be removing the west launch ramp...

Default Now that Whittier will be removing the west launch ramp...

I wonder how crazy it's going to be at the east ramp once the west ramp is removed. Probably wouldn't have been so bad if the east ramp hadn't been designed so that if you're between the two piers there would be enough room to drive/walk your boat around others so that you could get in or out.

When is the West ramp going to be removed? That's just not a bright move unless it's replaced with a better ramp.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Not sure. They are accepting bids to take out the ramp and install more slips.

That blows, I normaly pull out on the west ramp. Limited to one ramp, that place will be a total cluster.

Do ya think the far west ramp could be cleaned up and used or would the parking blow. I have a picture of it but the site wont let me post Pictures yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific23 View Post
    Do ya think the far west ramp could be cleaned up and used or would the parking blow. I have a picture of it but the site wont let me post Pictures yet.
    You can post right away if you have a photobucket account. Here is a tutorial for you, Les: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/20830-Posting-Pictures

I assume that you are referring to the Smitty's Cove launch. I don't believe there is any plan to create parking or improve launching there. In fact, the town folk at Whittier really don't want to improve anything that would benefit us outsiders.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Let's try this one...

It would be nice to see another ramp like this one! Ya know when we were there those people sure didn't mind taking our money for fish processing , fuel and goodies .

Quote Originally Posted by pacific23 View Post
    It would be nice to see another ramp like this one! Ya know when we were there those people sure didn't mind taking our money for fish processing , fuel and goodies .
    Yea, but most of them don't live there year round...
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I guess I can't blame them for wanting to keep the place a secret . Our hot spots down here in Texas are being taken over also and I guess pretty much everywhere is the same.

Everybody PLEASE stop making babies.