Thread: Looking for a good dog

Default Looking for a good dog

I had recently lost my best friend. He was a Siberian Husky and I think it is time to find another. I am looking for a sled dog to pull a sled when we are out walking, hunting or camping. I saw this ad on Craigslist and wondering if anyone knows this kennel and has any info on it? Thanks

Dog kennel downsizing Dogs looking for homes ages 1.5yr to 8. Most of the dogs have ran at least one of the following races since 2004 Klondike 300 Don Bowers 300 Willow 100 Jr Iditarod and Iditarod. Also serum shake down and a few fun races. Most would make great pets or be great on mid/distance team or could be trained for skioring. Out of good blood lines 495-1118 adoption fee $25 or less.

JOHN

My friend Dave was telling me about a dog that needs a home. A husky, certifed to go into assisted living homes (gentle and well mannered). I'll get the info from him today and post it for ya.

Default Here is the dog I mentioned...

Friends,

Please read the email below. Klute is a 3 year old husky and he belonged to one of the airmen who passed away this summer. He has been living with the widow, but it seems with both of them grieving, it has been impossible to move on. He spent so much time whining around his truck that the widow ended up selling the truck. Kristy told me that Klute was trained to visit patients in the hospital as a way to raise people's spirits so he is highly socialized, trained, and loving. I know many of you already have a pup, but I thought maybe you could forward this to someone who could use a new buddy and give Klute a good home. I was on the verge of going to meet Klute myself, but I'm not quite financially ready yet.Klute[1].pdf

Thanks everyone!

Callie

Thanks but, I need a working dog that is an outdoor dog. One that doesn't mind sleeping outside. That can stay out for long periods of time.
    JOHN

John, call and find out whose kennel it is. We may be able to tell you more then. Or you can pm me if you don't want to post it here.
    Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North
    http://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/

Does this shotgun make my butt look big?

dogs aint that good eatin. look on craigslist they always givin um away.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    John, call and find out whose kennel it is. We may be able to tell you more then. Or you can pm me if you don't want to post it here.

Sorry, I didn't get back to check answers. That's a good idea. Today I was on Craigslist and someone has a sled along with a dogteam for $500.00. I sure wish I was in a position to buy this sled and team.
    JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by alaska4ever View Post
    Sorry, I didn't get back to check answers. That's a good idea. Today I was on Craigslist and someone has a sled along with a dogteam for $500.00. I sure wish I was in a position to buy this sled and team.

man wouldnt that be great! maybe you can trade some furs for it, what you got to sell?
    Semper Fi!

Concerning the dogteam, I can afford to buy it but, I am over 200 miles away and have no place to put them until June.
    JOHN

Currently the Fairbanks Animal Shelter is full, inside and out! Lots of sled dogs there. I'd be happy to help you get one.

Currently the Fairbanks Animal Shelter is full, inside and out! Lots of sled dogs there. I'd be happy to help you get one.

Well, I may be getting ahead of myself. I was looking for a good sled dog to be my buddy and to pull a small sled when we are out on the walk. Now, I am getting thoughts about running a small team and getting rid of my track vehicle. Also, I am 200 miles in the bush from Anchorage so, I am thinking it may be better to wait until June when I can come into the road system. I believe it would better to meet the dogs in person.
    JOHN

Lol ok ok. I totally understand. If you want a working buddy, it probably is best to meet them and pick for yourself.

When you are ready you should check in on Carol Kleckner's site or the Second Chance League (link is included on her site).
    http://carolkleckner.net/
    Second Chance League saves sled dogs from the shelter. She runs them and does wonderful write ups on their abilities, personalities, and any history she has for the dogs. Click on the "Dogs" link at the top of her page and see some for yourself. She also helps with getting dogs delivered even long distances for their forever homes.

When you are ready you should check in on Carol Kleckner's site or the Second Chance League (link is included on her site).
    http://carolkleckner.net/
    Second Chance League saves sled dogs from the shelter. She runs them and does wonderful write ups on their abilities, personalities, and any history she has for the dogs. Click on the "Dogs" link at the top of her page and see some for yourself. She also helps with getting dogs delivered even long distances for their forever homes.

Thanks, good info. I added it to my favorites and will look it over.
    JOHN