Thread: Paradise lakes

Default Paradise lakes

I'm looking to put a trip together to the Paradise Lakes cabins sometime this winter... just looking for any info from folks from the forum if anyone's
    ever been up there on a sled before. I flew into the Upper lake cabin for a week a few years ago but looking to get there by sled this winter.
    Any info/PM's would be appreciated.

thanks and merry christmas!

Trail lake to trail river, up the river to the glacier, over the glacier and down Wolverine Glacier to upper Paradise. Make sure it is a clear day and I'd wait until at least Feb to make sure there is plenty of snow on crevasses.

Thanks for the reply, Aksnowmo...

snow gl.jpgKings River Headwaters.jpgSo these pics are kinda old...2003. Keep in mind the USFS does not want anyone at Lower Paradise anymore. The "corridor" the USFS says in on Snow usually does not exist...Just like 20 mile River

Awesome pics and information, have they closed Lower Paradise? Have often thought of bush wacking it in to these cabins as I hate to pay for a flight in the summer. Did you fish or just enjoy the ride and cabin(s)?

Thanks for posting the pics, aksnowmo...

Technically... Lower Paradise Lake is part of the non-motorized corridor along the N. Fork of the Snow river... even the S. Fork has a narrow corridor confined to the streambed until you get to the east side of Paradise peak. There's often a USFS ranger who patrols the Snow river drainage in winter and looks for sled tracks going into the N.Fork. But yes, you can hike in... easier going in winter... there used to be a trail but it hasnt been maintained in years.