Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 100lb Coyote!!!

Default 100lb Coyote!!!

Hunter shoots a 104lb Coyote. Now that was a big Coyote.

http://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/hunter-sh...hwest-missouri

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Wow, that is one big yote, I have seen some large ones in Eastern Oregon, and Montana, but 60 lb was a huge one. I hope the genes do not get into the general population of yotes down south. If that happens there will not be anymore cats or dogs left in urban America.

That big old boys gene spreading, deer killing days are over!!! I've seen some huge ones at Fort Irwin in CA, they were protected and would eat all the leftovers we GIs left laying around. They had monster ravens too, I heard a rumor that they were talking about naming them as their own sub-species.

Steve
    Founding Member

Dang that thing doesn't even look like a yote!

Grizzes and Polars are cross breeding. Wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't a yote-wolf cross breed.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyH View Post
    Grizzes and Polars are cross breeding. Wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't a yote-wolf cross breed.
    Wouldn't suprise me, that there has likely been some cloning going on as well. The Re-Introducer's have big money to work with and govt backing in facilities and technologies. I doubt this 100 pounder came from natural selection.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

I think the monster yote could have come from "average" size parents. Rams of modest size have produced some king sized offspring. And one professional basketball player of magnum proportions has parents no taller than you, Akres.
    Genetics happens...
    dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Wouldn't suprise me, that there has likely been some cloning going on as well. The Re-Introducer's have big money to work with and govt backing in facilities and technologies. I doubt this 100 pounder came from natural selection.
    Hahaha! Is it time to put on the tin foil hats?

OK, now when I go bow hunting and I hear coyotes yipping I may walk a little faster to the truck! Yikes....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
    I think the monster yote could have come from "average" size parents. Rams of modest size have produced some king sized offspring. And one professional basketball player of magnum proportions has parents no taller than you, Akres.
    Genetics happens...
    dennis
    Na, a government conspiricy tied in with liberal "Re-Introducers" trying to engineer and release huge coyote in an effort to create a super clone master coyote is much, much more reasonable.

It doesnt even look like a yote it looks ALOT like a wolf. They will just say it is a yote so they don't have to do anything about it just like there are no mountain lions in Michigan or black bears in Ohio. Oh yeah and there are apparently no pike in the Chena even tho I have caught several? Once the bios admit they are there then big bucks have to be put out for " research" and protection.

Coydog maybe? perhaps a coyote and some type of malamute or husky. Could just be a freak of nature too as mentioned.

They can get big in the south. My uncle in North Carolina shot a 72 lb coyote. But man 104 lbs that's huge.

jwolf

It’s a documented fact that a ‘wolf’ will interbreed with a ‘coyote’ if an available wolf-mate can’t be found. The Eastern coyote, after extensive genetic testing, was found to have a high percentage of grey wolf lingering in the bloodline which creates a big ol “COYWOLF.” So yes, like the lovely Prizzly Bear, the two species that would normally try to kill each other become mates; it’s a great demonstration of nature protecting genetics. Fascinating…but, considering the food source that pup would need, no ear-tag etc.., I’ll put my dollar on someone’s backyard experiment turned loose.. I agree with LuJon (wow, there’s a first) perhaps a malamute/coyote cross...

BIG yote! I'd have shot him too. More deer in MO this year.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

The head looks like a wolf or dog to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
    Genetics happens...
    dennis
    Agreed. Genetic Throwbacks have been Scientifically Documented in Sheep, Elephants and other species. But for it to happen with the coyote, it would have to involve the original genetics of the Wolf, I think???. I know very little about canine breeding/ancestory/lineage, but coyote's just don't get This Big. Something more is happening in this instance, I feel. I think LuJon and jwolf have touched on it. But again, I would not be the least bit suprised to learn that humans are somehow directly involved in it's makeup.
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
    Fascinating…but, considering the food source that pup would need, no ear-tag etc.., I’ll put my dollar on someone’s backyard experiment turned loose.. I agree with LuJon (wow, there’s a first) perhaps a malamute/coyote cross...
    Probably the more likely Reason.
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Since the article states that genetic testing showed it was a coyote I'm thinking that it may be a Pituitary gland defect. A defective Pituitary gland will cause abnormal growth and can result in above average sized individuals.

Steve
    Founding Member

Was'nt there a girl in Playboy with a defective Pituitary gland?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast