Thread: 15 more sets out up north, 6 hours later!

Default 15 more sets out up north, 6 hours later!

Well I got 15 more sets out today over a 31 miles stretch, 5 cat and 10 marten boxes. It took me 6 hours and I'm so tired! I would like to have gotten twice that out but the deep snow was killing me. I was sinking up to my waist with my 4' snow shoes on (not all the time, just when I broke the crust) but I would say the snow was 6 to 8 feet on the flats! If the snow melted quickly I would need a ladder to get to my marten boxes . I will post a couple pics later. On a cool side note I would say I saw over 60 grouse today and close to 25 moose, no monster bulls but a few legal. FUN DAY in the woods!

What a life, eh? I get to go check my line in the morning, so I'm not jealous. But, everyone else is!
    Well done on all the hard work and new line. You will reap the benfits presently.

You broke trail over 31 miles on snow shoes in 6 hrs. and had time to make 5 lynx sets and hang 10 marten boxes?
    Can I hire you to trap my line?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

I can't say all 31 miles where done with snowshoes, that would be a marathon! Felt like it.