Thread: Knowledge Test Questions

Default Knowledge Test Questions

This question is for the experianced flyers.
    I am taking a short break from my DVD King Knowledge Test tonight, What things do you guys find that are really important that you use on a consistant basis that you learned from your test.
    I am covering alot of stuff here and to be honest I am sure I can pass the test after studying , but retaining some of this stuff if I am not going to be using it on a consistant basis has me wondering.
    Last edited by Formerly Montana Bob; 02-19-2007 at 20:38. Reason: Mispell and Daime Bramage

Arrow All

The more you can retain, the better your chances. You will likely use it all at some point. In my opinion weather is the most misunderstood underrated subject. Plan on staying in the books on a consistent basis after you get your ticket or you WILL lose it a little at a time as you suggest.

Default Same thing

I am doing the same thing. But I feel that they teach to the test and are not big on teaching actual knowledge. They just teach you enough to pass the questions on the test.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

..Deleted..
    Last edited by Mr. Pid; 02-19-2007 at 21:55.

In the last 25 years I've taken over a dozen FAA written exams, for every certificate and rating that's required one. I fly just about everyday in every type of environment in Alaska. I'll bet I couldnt score a 70 on the private pilot written right now going in cold. These writtens basically test your ability to take a test. You can train yourselves many different ways to pass the writtens, but you are ultimately responsible for learning the material you are being tested on. I always favored the Gleim series of study guides over ASA for written test prep. I've nevered bothered with the video series.

Default Tough...

That's a tough one. It's all important. I routinely watch the private pilot videos every few months to reinforce what I have learned. Read the FAA regs at night, watch videos, keep flying, and take online tests.

Tim