Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap marshmallows

Default Cheap marshmallows

I was just in the Wasilla WalMart today and their 10 oz bags of JetPuff marshmallows are $0.50 per bag! Normally they are closer to $1.50 during baiting season. Its a great time to stock up! I did

Target always has after holiday items up to 80% off after Christmas, Easter and so on.
    2 years ago I had a lady stop by for some products and she had a Ford Focus FULL of Easter marshmallow. It was quite comical!
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Good deal, im going to head there today and buy up the whole shelf!

Well shoot...the walmart in anchorage dont have that deal. Went to the one off old seward and no such luck, they were 1.32 a bag. I'll keep my eye out though for deals.

Wally-world in Wasilla has them on the floor for $.40 per 10oz bag or by the case (18 count) for $7.20. Not a bad price so I had to make a trip (I don't shop at Wally-world). As of 8pm this was all that was left unless they had more in the stock room:

Get 'em while you can. I was tempted to buy everything on the floor but figured two truckloads were more than enough; I'm starting to run out of space in the garage.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Thanks for the pic! I'll have to make the trip out there tomorrow AM to get some, awesome deal.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by blasterak View Post
    Thanks for the pic! I'll have to make the trip out there tomorrow AM to get some, awesome deal.
    lol by the time you drive to the valley and back... you might as well. buy them in anch...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    lol by the time you drive to the valley and back... you might as well. buy them in anch...
    Lol, your right, but I might make a last xmas shopping trip of it...marshmallows for the whole fam!

As of 11am there are still plenty of them left, they must of restocked. Looks like there selling them because there due to expire in a few weeks. Get them while you can! I bought enough to last me awhile, shouldn't seen the look on the cashiers face when I was checking out....lol....

As of three pm they had plenty I got 200 bags or 13 cases like blasterak said should have seen the look on peoples faces hell that was worth by it self LOL

Hmm... If they have more I may have to make one more trip. I bet they would sell the entire lot for $.20 per bag to clean out the warehouse space. Anyone have a box truck at their disposal?
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

You could always just make your own... Unflavored gelatin, sugar and corn syrup. That way you could even flavor them...

Google has tons of recipes.

Thanks Trap, your 100% right - but in this case it's both cheaper and easier to just buy 'em in bulk and stock the garage. I have way to many projects going on as it is and most recipes (I've seen anyway) take an average of a few hours per batch to complete. I just don't have that kind of time.

Good point! Just throwing it out there for DIY'ers

Does anyone know if this deal is still available? Gotta head out to the valley soon and figured I might as well pick up a bit more. I tried calling walmart and they pretty much hung up on me.....by the way Target has some pretty good deals on leftover christmas candy.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by blasterak View Post
    Does anyone know if this deal is still available? Gotta head out to the valley soon and figured I might as well pick up a bit more. I tried calling walmart and they pretty much hung up on me.....by the way Target has some pretty good deals on leftover christmas candy.
    Biscuit, you tried to call walmart? don't you know there is an electrode connected to that blue collar that prevents awareness while on duty?

( BTW... told ya i would remember the pet.... )
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Biscuit, you tried to call walmart? don't you know there is an electrode connected to that blue collar that prevents awareness while on duty?

( BTW... told ya i would remember the pet.... )
    ahaha good one there Vince you dirty dawg. After passin me to three diff. people there they hung up, really torqued me! door keepers must not wear that electrode, them old geezers always bother me when Im heading out of there.

I have never used marshmellows. Do you mix in with the dog food? How do they hold up to rain??

The tiny pink marshmellows make the best bait !! They also mix well with dog food.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on 50 dozen crispy creme donuts a few years back. They were having a fund raiser on base and were't able to sell all of the donuts. I paid a dollar a box and my profile picture shows the results. We had bears in the station day and night. The bears loved it. I also have a great deal of success with pudding mix. Not like you buy in the grocery but the big packs they use for resteraunts. I get a a bunch of bread from the bread store and mix the pudding up in a 5 gallon bucket. Mix in as much bread as possible to make a gooey slurry, dump it in your barrel and mix it up. The bears love it and its cheap to produce.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast