Thread: Bush Flying

Default Bush Flying

I am getting out of the military in 2009. My goal is to get my Airframe and Powerplant License and my private pilot's license before I depart the military. That will hopefully get my foot in the door, so that one day I can become a bush pilot. Do you guys think that I would have any problems getting a job in the Anchorage area? I will have 10 years experience rebuilding, inspecting, and running gas turbine engines! Thanks

Default Grizzly 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Grayling View Post
    I am getting out of the military in 2009. My goal is to get my Airframe and Powerplant License and my private pilot's license before I depart the military. That will hopefully get my foot in the door, so that one day I can become a bush pilot. Do you guys think that I would have any problems getting a job in the Anchorage area? I will have 10 years experience rebuilding, inspecting, and running gas turbine engines! Thanks
    Try to pick up as much as you can about fabric and dope. A HUGE number of fabric planes live in Alaka!

Always plenty of work for a GOOD mechanic who wants to do good work and expects adquate pay for it.

Once you begin rubbing shoulders with other Alaska flyers and mechanics, the door will swing open for you.

Best of luck,

Mort