Thread: Still looking for a sheep hunting partner 2011 Brooks

Default Still looking for a sheep hunting partner 2011 Brooks

I am still looking for a hunting partner for the Brooks Range 8-18 August. The air transporation is booked and approximate price will be $2500-3000. Would ask that you put down $500 for deposit on the hunt. Will be driving up the haul road on the 7th of August and chartering on the 8th. No drainages will be discussed until I have a partner.If your interested please pm or email at sheephunter1974@yahoo.com

Thanks Much, Tim
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

Tim, aren't you waiting for draw results first?........I think your last sheep hunting partner should go back with you....lol

Aside from that....why is the air transport from up there so expensive? .....you could do that trip from FBX with that kind of cash....or are you chartering that beaver from coldfoot?

Tim, I think it's only fair if my pack is going I should be going also...

Kahahawai/Ken,

I dont plan on every drawing most of the sheep draws I put in for are 3% or less chance of drawing something like 4000 other Alaskans putting in for what I put in for. Although I have been lucky enough to draw Koyukuk last year and Musk ox 04. But for the most part not very lucky lol. I think we paid $2200 out of coldfoot last year just like to be on the high side talking expenses with other hunters so there not dissappointed if its more.Also I always like to tip my charter well as Dirk done us well last year.That would be great if Steve would go but I think he is still seeing what happens far as his significant others military orders he knows he is welcome to hunt with me. Ken buddy yes your Barneys Kevlar pack will be visting the brooks this year and with a little luck it will have a full curl attached and yes you are also welcome to come sir got a roof and a bed in Fairbanks for ya . Have u got me lined up on any big Wisconsin whitetails?

Full Curls N Heavy Packs Cheers, BIG 27
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

would love to go! but im deploying in Feb.

How many resumes' have you sorted through?....lol.
    Proud to be an American!

Hey Frank,

How u been? Hows Idaho treating you? Have two serious inquires thus far will see where that goes. Hows your son liking that 270 wsm with the lone wolf stock?

Merry Christmas My Friend, Tim

Mccrimmon,

I here you been there done that buddy deployments are tough bring lots of hunting dvds with you and hunting magazines . But stay motivated and keep your eye on the prize as you will get your opportunity someday just focus on coming home safe thats your first priority.If you need anything while on deployment let me know and stay in touch as im always in the market for a hunting partner.

Tim

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

now if you'da said Caribou... i am not that much into the sheep hunting stuff... but for some reason i got no problem climbing past them sheep for a nice fat bull...

looking at taking three of the kids up north this fall.. on a drop or float for bou around that time...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Vince,

I bet u could load up you and your kids and do a nice drop hunt w Coyote in the Brooks. He has a nice beaver on wheels with a payload of 1200 lbs or so.We had Caribou all around the airstrip last year some really good bulls.

TTYL

We did see some fine fat bulls Vince. Anyone want to go Caribou Hunting ?

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

There are a few bears in the area as well. Oh and I forgot Tim's dandy bull.

Hey Vince, Tim likes to shoot them caribou up high as well.

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

thanks steve!... i know they are all over up there.. the kids have been asking. ( with some encouragement from dad) so at the moment it depends on the draws... weather we essentally forgo moose for bou next year.. ( unless i get that cordova moose hehe)
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thanks for the interest guys I have found a sheep partner.

Merry Christmas

Good luck on the hunt!

Terry

Didn't wanna go solo huh?........

I would go solo if it meant sitting on the sidelines. For safety I think the latter choice is better.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG 27 View Post
    Hey Frank,

How u been? Hows Idaho treating you? Have two serious inquires thus far will see where that goes. Hows your son liking that 270 wsm with the lone wolf stock?

Merry Christmas My Friend, Tim
    Life is great, Tim...Freezer is full. Can't complain.
    Jonathan loves that new gun. You built a great piece there, man.

He's in Qatar; miss him a lot.

Love to hunt with you--the three of us. Maybe we'll share a campfire and some great sheep stories over a campfire and amber one of these years.

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year to you and yours.

Frank
    Proud to be an American!

Big 27:
    I donít know what kind of luck youíve had in the passed finding a hunting partner; if you can not find someone who has the money and is compatible; I would eat the $3000 and look for someone that is compatible. I have eating the total cost of a hunt several times just to go hunting, it was money well spent.