Thread: Kifaru Tipi's

Default Kifaru Tipi's

I have a partner that is dead set on a Kifaru 6 man, for a fly in sheep hunt this fall. Even though they look like they would be great I am worried that this tent wont handle the winds and conditions it might encounter. I have read past post , but what I looking for is some bad drawbacks of this tent. If anyone has anything bad to say about them other than cost. Id rather find out now than wait till it fails on a once in a lifetime hunt. Flying into the TMA in early Aug.

Jim,
    I have two here in Delta, a four man and a twelve.....they withstand wind quite well.....even the large 12 man.....they do need to be staked down well and I add a bit of cord for rock tie-down....but overall they make a good camp.....my 12 man with titanium stove makes a 20 pound package for flying-in. I do intend to use the four-man for sheep hunting if I ever draw a tag again....

Default tipi & wind

I use an 8 man Kifaru tipi on Kodiak a bit & am quite happy with the way it handles the wind. I don't think you'll have any problems with one in the mountians, but would probably consider the 4 man over the 6, if you're just going to use it for sheep/mountian hunting.
    Gary