Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV Show on Bush Flying

Default TV Show on Bush Flying

Should be interesting.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskeg56 View Post
    I've only seen the clips, but I won't miss a single episode. Looks as though it's gonna be really great!

Thumbs down

Great. More of the disneyfication / californication of Alaska turning into a theme park.

Great. More of the disneyfication / californication of Alaska turning into a theme park.
    You said it Tom ! People make up things to stay in front of a camera. And the jerks from Hollyweird want something over the top to keep the masses of drones entertained down in Nova Roma.
    A couple months ago when National geographic was talking to me, they wanted me to invent situations for them to film.. Pure BS..

Alex
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

More bush pilots...........
    Tim

Should be a fun show to watch. We just need to remember its TV and only for entertainment. Also on the bright side it should make some of our brother pilots some money next summer when the tourest hord all want to go for a fight!

I have been involved in a couple of Hollywood type shows filmed here in AK. Now we continue to get calls from agencies with new ideas wanting to film the job from different aspects. They get more outrageous each time. it is a curse

Hey, we don't have to fall for the story. We only have to watch the flying and either (a) give our opinions on that or (b) learn something from it. I, for one, still don't know all there is to know about flying the bush . . . . .

In the past, I was involved in PR work for both LA and Vegas. None of it thrilled me much. Still, let's just watch the flying - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly 1 View Post
    Hey, we don't have to fall for the story. We only have to watch the flying and either (a) give our opinions on that or (b) learn something from it. I, for one, still don't know all there is to know about flying the bush . . . . .

In the past, I was involved in PR work for both LA and Vegas. None of it thrilled me much. Still, let's just watch the flying - - -

I agree with you besides, this would be worth watching more than those Palin programs. I haven't watched one yet and from what friends tell me, I haven't missed anything. This program is about real people and that is what I want to see. I have a special place in my life for BUSH PILOTS. I have lost a few friends in my time during their BUSH flying time.
    JOHN

Thank God I live in Alaska where you don't get cable and don't have to decide whether to watch this crap or sit on the computer talking to real Alaskans!!
    Tim

Merry Christmas!

Yep, Iron Inge and I only use our TV to watch DVD movies and occasionally some sort of history (or Red Green) show when they have one on PBS. I used to watch the news,,, but for the last couple years that has just been daring me to shoot the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by mit View Post
    Thank God I live in Alaska where you don't get cable and don't have to decide whether to watch this crap or sit on the computer talking to real Alaskans!!
    Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just so I can say I told you so later; I'll go ahead and say this will be bad.
    Twenty some fatalaties last year and now a show portraying us as cowboys...........I can hear the FAA writing policy from here.

Merry Christmas all!

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    You said it Tom ! People make up things to stay in front of a camera. And the jerks from Hollyweird want something over the top to keep the masses of drones entertained down in Nova Roma.
    A couple months ago when National geographic was talking to me, they wanted me to invent situations for them to film.. Pure BS..

Alex
    I agree with FPT and FP,

With all the channels on TV, I'm sure you've noticed they'll put anything on there truth or not. The people that do that make a lot of money to.

Palin's notoriety will indeed help tourism and some others make money but it will mostly bring a lot of cheechakos here to ruin it for the rest of us. Joe Vogler knew what was on the horizon. Too bad he couldn't realize his dream.

That said, I'll probably watch it, or at least catch one episode.

Don't care to see Palin.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRick View Post
    I agree with FPT and FP,

With all the channels on TV, I'm sure you've noticed they'll put anything on there truth or not. The people that do that make a lot of money to.

Palin's notoriety will indeed help tourism and some others make money but it will mostly bring a lot of cheechakos here to ruin it for the rest of us. Joe Vogler knew what was on the horizon. Too bad he couldn't realize his dream.

That said, I'll probably watch it, or at least catch one episode.

Don't care to see Palin.

Rick
    The hell with Palin! Just watch the flying. None of us is too **** good to learn something. Right?

I just hope it doesn't create a resurgence in the private plane market and drive up prices! Unfortunately I probably won't get to watch it since it surely won't come on AFN but if I could figure out how to see it online then I would definitely check it out

I don't know the folks that will be featured on the show and I don't know if their service is an "air taxi" or (what I'd call) true bush pilot that flies out to unnamed places and deposits people or goods there. Either way would be fine with me...but, but, but

..and meaning no offense, but if the repeated promo where they say that "Ice Road Truckers are pu******...." is intended to set the nature of the show, I have little hope that there will be enough reality in this show.

I can hear the FAA gearing up the policy section as well.

Yep, the F.A.A. is going to be watching this one for sure. I know that Carlile got in a couple safety and commercial vehicle enforcement binds over Ice Road Truckers and I doubt this show will be any different. No way in HELL would I let Hollyweird film my company.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Yep, the F.A.A. is going to be watching this one for sure. I know that Carlile got in a couple safety and commercial vehicle enforcement binds over Ice Road Truckers and I doubt this show will be any different. No way in HELL would I let Hollyweird film my company.
    I know what you mean, partner, and I agree with you!

Mort

Some of the Feds can be pretty ruthless. Some time ago one of our local 135 pilots pointed out a demo video involving one of the local 135 outfits which back then had a mostly female crew.
    They had some scenes of being stuck on (actually in) the beach and bragging about being in super bad turbulence with passengers...and so on... all neat hanger flying stuff,,,,

But,,, I was worried that some Fed would pick apart everything they said or showed on video. Particularly since they actually lost a plane due to being stuck in the soft sand when the tide came in..

After 20 years of Law Dawging, I saw many a court case, both criminal and civil, be swung by goofy things people said while just making exciting conversation... (BSing) There was always some bureaucrat clerk type with nothing better to do than twist things around...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast