Thread: Got a couple more fox today

Default Got a couple more fox today, pics!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fox 008.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	43332Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fox 002.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	43331Just picked my dad up at the airport this week and took him out on my line. The first couple sets didn't have anything, besides a squirrel and a rabbit. We got to my last set of traps that are settled on a nice ridge overlooking a creek, first I checked one of my snares and it had been nocked down, pretty disapointing, I could see lynx tracks there. As I worked down the ridge I came to my first set and I could see a nice cherry sitting under a tree that I had made a scent post, sweet, nice female red. I put one bullet in her and noticed about 100 yds down my line another one of my sets started dancing. I had another fox in it, dirt hole set. I quickly went down to it and dispatched it. One male, one female, the male has a tale that is over 30" long! I continued down and checked my other snares and had a cow and calf moose stop me from going down the trail any farther. I gave them the trail, they didn't want to budge.

fun evening, going to work a little farther North this week and see what I can get.
    Last edited by Teacherman; 12-19-2010 at 10:29. Reason: pictures

Great catches,would love to see some photos!

Added photos!

nice fox! im heading out to check my line in a couple of hours. i hope i can be as lucky as you. how many sets did you have out?

In that area I have 5 sets, I have about 25 total.

Well done. Nice canines.
    I have to ask, where do you have a line you could check in slacks and a sweatshirt last week?

It was actually -5 out, I just had gotten back to my jeep and those are carhartts, and that is a King winter predator hunting hoodie, plus I just took my snow gloves off. But I must admit I did leave my coat at home. On a side note that is also the outfit that I taught in all day. The line is toward Talkeetna.

Haha...you looked a little cold.
    Good to hear our community teachers are hunting.