Thread: QuickFish4 and Vexilar

Default QuickFish4 and Vexilar

I bought the new QuickFish4 from Sportsmans and was out on the hardwater yesterday with it. With the temp around -20, I was nice and toasty inside. The roof has a panel that is attached on the inside and this eliminates all the condensation. No more drips. I think this hut will comfortably fish 2 guys with their gear and maybe a third. Very good hut for the price.

Second photo shows a school of bait fish on the Vexilar. Look above the school at around 30' and you will see a couple of target fish. Electronics really help to determine where the target fish are so you are not jigging deep when the fish are actually shallow.

My buddy told me Sportsmans had a sale going for the Qwikfish huts, how much did you pay for this one, if you do not mind my asking?
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

They had them on sale for $209. I think that is over now and they are now $229. A great price for a super portable ice hut. I set it up in my shop when I get home from fishing and in a couple of days, it is dry.

Nice hut thats for sure. looks like you got to test it in the wind

Sportsman's does have a nice selection at good prices. The one that caught my eye folds up into a sled and has bench seats.

My kids are getting one like gutleap's for Christmas.

Some things I found when I bought my flip over was that I could only take it fishing in my truck, it might fit in the back of a suburban with all the seats out but I don't have one to check. It also weighs over 100 pounds and when I get my auger heater propane rods and gear in it I am sure it weighs over 250 pounds. My kids are also ages four and seven and they have tried more than once to fit through and ice hole with the flip over you have to step over your holes to get out the door.

this year I bought the quickfish six and have let the flip over sit, the pop up only weighs 38 pounds and the back pack straps let me carry it on my back my power auger in my right hand and I can pull my gear in a light tabbogan with my left hand the whole package may be more spread out but it seams I can move faster on the ice.

also with this set up it all fits in the trunk of my wifes car so I can park at the hard shanty and if things are slow can do a little prospecting off the ice roads on big lake.