Thread: Nosler Trophy Grade Rifle (TGR) Report/Review

Default Nosler Trophy Grade Rifle (TGR) Report/Review

Earlier this year I had miraculously drawn a non-resident late-season Arizona Bull Elk tag, so I used the tag as justification for a new rifle purchase. After considerable internet research I opted for a Nosler TGR which I purchased directly from the Nosler Pro Shop. The Federal Firearms transfer was easily accomplished through a local shop, and within 10 days of my online purchase I took possession of the rifle. I won't go into details of the ceramic coating on the metal or the stock (those interested can easily go to the Nosler site), but I was and remain very pleased with the rifles aesthetics. Anyway, Nosler provided barrel break-in procedures which I followed to the letter, and I ended up with a rifle that easily meets my accuracy requirements with a 3x9 Swarovski mounted on it. And not to go into details I bagged a 5x6 bull with a 330 yard downhill shot that I knew I could make due to the confidence I had and have in the TGR. Its just a very nice rifle with a crisp Timney trigger set to 3.1 lbs, and the rifle is a reasonable weight (not too light or too heavy).

About three weeks ago I received a phone call from Nosler and was told that they had put the TGR on sale shortly after I bought mine. As such they said they would refund $100.00 to me in either cash or ammo. I opted for the ammo and within days I received three boxes of Nosler 140 grain Accubond custom ammo. Nice, very nice.

So I'm very pleased...Excellent product, excellent business. Seems I don't say that very often these days. Based on my experience I would recommend that anyone looking to purchase a new rifle at least consider and research Nosler's TGR.

WhiteFish

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFish View Post
    Earlier this year I had miraculously drawn a non-resident late-season Arizona Bull Elk tag, so I used the tag as justification for a new rifle purchase. WhiteFish
    You must be living right. I live in AZ and have drawn (1) elk tag in 11 years. I put in for cow, bull, early, late, and last chance. I have friends that put in for an archery tag with good draw results but poor success rates. Congratulations on your successful hunt and your rifle.

It's nice to know that Nosler followed up your purchase with a discount offer without being prompted. Thanks for the information.

Did you get it with the 800 dollar NRA discount?

The $800.00 NRA discount was not offered for Nosler's TGR; I believe the discount only applied to another, more expensive, model which was out of my budget. Considering the 3 boxes of ammo I have no complaints with the price I paid as I feel I bought a **** good rifle that will last me the remainder of my life and then some.

WhiteFish

"You must be living right. I live in AZ and have drawn (1) elk tag in 11 years. I put in for cow, bull, early, late, and last chance."

I almost feel bad as it was my first application that I'd ever submitted for an AZ elk tag. It was a great hunt...not as good as an Alaskan wilderness hunt (nothing is in my opinion) but the AZ mountains are beautiful. I now understand how some people become elk hunting addicts!

WhiteFish

PHOTOS we must have photos
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Yes photo's and what caliber did you choose " Mr LUCKY"!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Default A few pics

O.K. Here's a photo of my wife and I with my bull (not the biggest bull in AZ but I'm **** proud of em), a pre-season scouting picture a couple of days before season opened.

WhiteFish
    Attached Images Attached Images