Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Draw applications

Default Draw applications

Just got mine submitted. Both bison hunts, 2 goat hunts, 2 moose, and 3 'bous. Want to put in for Kodiak bear but have to do some more research on accessability and what not. Who's excited?
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Got mine in a few days ago. Excited but I have a feeling I'll get skunked this year. I scored pretty good last year and drew two tags so I just have a feeling this year i'll likely get nothing! Oh well who doesn't like to gamble...

I drew on six; three moose and three caribou. I prefer not to get my hopes up until I see my name on the list.

It is a Guy Thing I guess:
    I too did the Squat and Draw Deal...first on the ground, mapping out all the hot spots and then on the applications. Hope my planning works out and result in selections.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_1 View Post
    Just got mine submitted. Both bison hunts, 2 goat hunts, 2 moose, and 3 'bous. Want to put in for Kodiak bear but have to do some more research on accessability and what not. Who's excited?
    Hopefully Christmas comes twice this year!

I'm Excited, not sure why, with the wait for the results ahead
    but it sure is a fun thing to plan out and get all strategic about

Drew a extremely low percentage tag (Bull Elk)for the first time last year and it was a great success. So I went for much higher percentage hunts in several areas, Elk, Brown Bear, are two I have always tried for the top ones, (the 1 or 2% chance areas) but this year I am planning differently, get a permit anywhere I can and go hunt hard to just "Make it Happen"

Kept it real at three species, Elk, Bear, and Sheep but I think I am going to pull something out this year.
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

I did lots of pondering this year. The tier 1 nelchina tags toss some interesting variables into the mix which has changed some of my strategy! I did put in for 3 sheep, 3 moose, 3 caribou, 2 Bison, and 3 elk tags each for the wife and I. Nothing left but the waiting game now!

I am really looking forward to the big day. Wonder if it will drag out like last year? I guess the suspense is part of the fun. It will be a little different this year with the specific day instead of a general time period.

Quote Originally Posted by AKfishunt View Post
    I am really looking forward to the big day. Wonder if it will drag out like last year? I guess the suspense is part of the fun. It will be a little different this year with the specific day instead of a general time period.
    Let's hope they learned from their mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Let's hope they learned from their mistake.
    Ha the goverment?that'll be the day!

I have a quick question...

Are the limits to drawing 3 per species, regardless of weapon? For instance, I could apply for 2 bow Moose Hunts and 3 Rifle Moose hunts?

I have a buddy who did this and I was curious if you could do it.

Thanks

Wink

You CAN apply as many times as you want. You will be disqualified if you apply for more than 3 per species.

I encourage everyone to go this route

I went all out, but I will not be too disappointed if I don't draw, I have several general hunts being planned out while I wait for the draw results. 3 moose, 3 sheep, 3 goat, 3 bear, 3 elk, 2 caribou.

After winning two low % hunts last year I have zero hopes of winning and will be glad for those who do! Put in for Kodiak Fall Bear and three moose.
    Goat season messes with my fishing too much so did not even put in for one this year. Hey, as screwed up as it may seem to some, I have my priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by J2theD View Post
    I have a quick question...

Are the limits to drawing 3 per species, regardless of weapon? For instance, I could apply for 2 bow Moose Hunts and 3 Rifle Moose hunts?

I have a buddy who did this and I was curious if you could do it.

Thanks
    Your buddy will be disqualified for the draw if this is true. If he applied online though he should be able to go back in and correct the mistake. Give him this link and let him know that he needs to fix it.
    http://hunt.alaska.gov/index.cfm?fus...hangeform_help

Thats what I tried to tell him. I will let him know.

Thanks

I've a question about revising my draw applications. After applying for goat, I decided to change it to a Party application with a buddy. I went online, deleted my original goat applications, then tried to apply on a party application. The system said I can't apply for more than 3 goat tages, and can't apply for the same hunts I deleted. Anyone have this experience? I'm hoping that the system hasn't been updated yet, and that I'm not shut out of goat applications now.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoors View Post
    I've a question about revising my draw applications. After applying for goat, I decided to change it to a Party application with a buddy. I went online, deleted my original goat applications, then tried to apply on a party application. The system said I can't apply for more than 3 goat tages, and can't apply for the same hunts I deleted. Anyone have this experience? I'm hoping that the system hasn't been updated yet, and that I'm not shut out of goat applications now.
    I heard it can take up to 5 days for the website to update apps. Maybe that's your problem?
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoors View Post
    I have had questions and I just emailed dfg.das.licensehelp@alaska.gov and they got back to me quickly. I recommend sending them a not with your reference number and an brief explanation of your problem. They did tell me that it takes 3 business days for an update to make it through the system.

Thanks guys. Good info. I'll send an email to F&G.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast