Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: pullin dave luce's sled out of the big sue today

  1. #1

    Default pullin dave luce's sled out of the big sue today

    dave and I want to thank everyone who stopped and helped us today with the pulling out of his sunk sled from a few weeks back. As cold as it was, it was nice to see that many people out there. Kinda shows what kind of guy dave is...........
    now I have to get his sled back in shape for him.

    here are a few pictures from today,,

    again thanks

    leif
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Member greythorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chasin the ladys! away!
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yetnaman37 View Post
    dave and I want to thank everyone who stopped and helped us today with the pulling out of his sunk sled from a few weeks back. As cold as it was, it was nice to see that many people out there. Kinda shows what kind of guy dave is...........
    now I have to get his sled back in shape for him.

    here are a few pictures from today,,

    again thanks

    leif
    a

    wow!! amazing work!
    Semper Fi!

  4. #4
    Member sayak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central peninsula, between the K-rivers
    Posts
    5,788

    Default

    What's pulling that sled with the sled and a sled behind it as well?

  5. #5

    Default

    daves superwide 800 is pulling the sleds
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by yetnaman37; 12-19-2010 at 04:29. Reason: add pictures

  6. #6
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    I am curious how they marked the sleds location to be able to find it again under the ice. I hope to never find myself in that situation but if I do it would be nice to know what worked in this instance.

  7. #7

    Default

    dave knew the general area, and I found it with a metal dectector designed to find survey corners. I also have built a R.O.V that can go under the ice, it has a video camera on it, has a 50' teather on it, and it's powered by bildge pumps I mounted on it to provide thrust. I'm also building a R.O.V that will be used in current also.Attachment 43323
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by yetnaman37; 12-19-2010 at 09:01. Reason: add picture

  8. #8
    Member sayak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central peninsula, between the K-rivers
    Posts
    5,788

    Default

    That is just dang awesome. American ingenuity is alive and well!

  9. #9

    Default

    did you guys find russ's sled while looking for daves ?

  10. #10

    Default

    haven't been able to link up with russ yet to figure things out

  11. #11
    Member Lake creek fishermen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Skwentna, AK
    Posts
    854

    Default

    How thick was the ice when you pulled the sled out?
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

  12. #12
    Member GrizzlyH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wasilla, AK
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Good job! Glad all went well.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

  13. #13

    Default

    ice was about 18" thick

  14. #14
    Member KelvinG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna, AK
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yetnaman37 View Post
    dave knew the general area, and I found it with a metal dectector designed to find survey corners. I also have built a R.O.V that can go under the ice, it has a video camera on it, has a 50' teather on it, and it's powered by bildge pumps I mounted on it to provide thrust. I'm also building a R.O.V that will be used in current also.Attachment 43323
    WOW! I love it when someone takes a few common items and turns them into something really neat. Great job!

  15. #15
    Member greythorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chasin the ladys! away!
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    anyone get fined for the fuel/oil that could have leaked into the water in that area? i always wondered if i should keep it hush hush if i dropped mine in the lake, or if i should ask for help but afraid i would face fines and such.
    Semper Fi!

  16. #16
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    I've never heard of anyone ever getting in trouble for that...but there's always a first time. My sled went under the Talkeetna and didn't even leak any fuel or oil that we could tell in the two hours it was under. In fact, I rode it 40 miles back home with no water issues in the fuel or oil after we got it out. Lots of issues with the speedo, tach and light bulbs though
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

  17. #17

    Default

    noAttachment 43475 water in the oil or gas, in fact when i deliver the sled back to dave, it will have the same gas and oil in it. here are a few pictures of the sled nowAttachment 43474
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by yetnaman37; 12-21-2010 at 17:47. Reason: fix picture

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    chugiak, ak
    Posts
    630

    Default

    very well done yetnaman!! I am out on the river alot, I need to meet ya and shake your hand, excellent job!!!

  19. #19
    Member alaska4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Remote Skwentna
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I am curious how they marked the sleds location to be able to find it again under the ice. I hope to never find myself in that situation but if I do it would be nice to know what worked in this instance.


    Out here in the BUSH where I live, everyone traveling pretty much trails a very long rope when traveling on the lake. Some are smart enough to carry a VHF handheld, SPOT or GPS.
    JOHN

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBLOOMA View Post
    very well done yetnaman!! I am out on the river alot, I need to meet ya and shake your hand, excellent job!!!
    I have a place behind benalit lodge, and am on the river most every other weekend. have to meet for coffee at daves place sometime

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •