Thread: Best website for property listings in Alaska?

Default Best website for property listings in Alaska?

We are looking for remote properties or land in Alaska w cabin or not, doesn't matter. Moving from GA and have searched the web and only found maybe 2 or 3 good sites. Any suggestions?

Hi, have you tried www.remoteproperty.com, some great remote lots for sale, mostly without cabin. You could also use http://www.alaskarealestate.com/index.asp, but i like the first better! And you could also make use of the DNR site, http://dnr.alaska.gov/mlw/landsale/ to purchase a piece of land.

Survivalist

Yes we have tried all of those mentioned, Thanks. LOL They are very good...found a few prospects. Just was trying to see if there were other that we might have been missing out on. Thanks guys.

u should buy in anchorage first since your a greenhorn, thats where all the greenhorns live.
    Semper Fi!

" Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Default The real MLS database/web site is the best

Because you're not a realtor though, you can't get an account to use that one.

So the next best thing is to find an Alaskan realtor that will work his butt off for you, and after he knows what you're looking for he'll send you links to specific houses in that MLS database/website.

I recommend Alex: http://www.alaskahomes4you.com/ quite heartily. With me, he succeeded where many of his predecessors failed. He is honest, hard working and very smart about real estate. He's more about representing you and your interests than in just making any deal he can (thus gaining his commission) as quickly as he can.

PM me if you want details, or to get my name as the guy that referred you to him (though there is no benefit back to me; he's just a great guy that helped me greatly).

Quote Originally Posted by amandakay View Post
    We are looking for remote properties or land in Alaska w cabin or not, doesn't matter. Moving from GA and have searched the web and only found maybe 2 or 3 good sites. Any suggestions?
    It might help to know the general area that you are looking at. In some places many of the cabin/land packages sell by word of mouth. If you know the area, you might try calling the lodges, etc in that area.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks