Thread: useing a KiFaru pack as a way to get supplies to and from the cabin or the apt ..

Default useing a KiFaru pack as a way to get supplies to and from the cabin or the apt ..

i have a question for someone about useing a Kifaru pack as a way to get supplies to the cabin or the apt if need be walk to and from the store if need ..

the amount supplies to carry to the about 80.pds of supplies to the apt to live on for two weeks at a time ..my old pack give up the ghost the other day when i tried this with it ..so i was figure i would try to do it with a new models that the Kifaru is bringing out

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

for the money involved.. what your doing... .you could buy a nice cart and not carry anything till you get to the door..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by henry2 View Post
    i have a question for someone about useing a Kifaru pack as a way to get supplies to the cabin or the apt if need be walk to and from the store if need ..

the amount supplies to carry to the about 80.pds of supplies to the apt to live on for two weeks at a time ..my old pack give up the ghost the other day when i tried this with it ..so i was figure i would try to do it with a new models that the Kifaru is bringing out
    I would not want to use the new KU line of Kifaru packs for that. Food stuffs in boxes with sharp corners may puncture the light weight fabric. If I was hauling groceries I would want a cordura pack.

I'm with Vince in thinking you could find a cheaper way than a 600 dollar pack.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

my regular backpack i used normaly for packing in supplies failed after it dureing a test to see if it could do the job .. how about a barney frieghter model for the hauling in the supplies i need ..

so who would you use for hauling supplies home

i went and wieghed out everything i would need for a two week time frame food items came out to 80.pds for everything i would buy for a two week time .the winter food list is a little larger than a summer time list for lot of things i will not buy because of the the foods are more for a winter time diet than a summer time diet ..

along with the fact that i might be able to get out of the house for a couple of days because of bad weather .. i will post the list later of what i buy in food items in two weeks time frame later on

thank guys for the info on the one pack maker..i have a bad habit in the winter time of buying extra food items to keep in the pantry for those days that i could not make out of the house because of bad weather in the area shut everything down ..so i got into the habit of makeng sure that i keep extra food stuffs on hand for that just in case weather problems did not allow me to get to the store for the weekly run for food ..

Check out the Kelty Wrangle backpak. 120 bucks, I got mine from Lifeview Outdoors.

I do the same in the winter, haul all my stuff from the store in it. It gives me a new appreciation for my food when I say grace at mealtime if you haul it on your back, also a great way to stay in shape.
    It's a backloader, not a toploader, holds a lot more than you think, and I've gotten as much as 50 lbs in it. Put some padding in the bottom to keep the sharp edges off the bottom. It rides very well loaded.

Oh..one important thing...a case of beer fits in it easily with room to spare...lol